Friday, October 17, 2014

Five Fact Friday

What am I going to do today?  Wyatt has no school. And we had a really rough Thursday. Like 9 epic meltdowns rough.  Like had a cold for 10 days and congestion won't let me sleep late enough meltdowns. Like I might have physically held him down for nap time for a few minutes.  Anyways, on to my 5 facts and maybe I can even get in 5 minutes of work today.

1. Wyatt has a new best friend to take with him to nap time and bedtime. For some reason he is attached to the plastic frog faucet cover. We are on day 4.
Yup this one. Doesn't it look like something you would want to cuddle up with?
2. Kate has a shoe fetish. She constantly brings me her shoes to put on.  I thought babies hated shoes. When one of hers falls off, she brings it back to me to put on again. She also brings shoes to me and Wyatt to put on.  I think she even says the word shoes in her own little version.  So I might have a girl with a shoe fetish.  Scary!

3. So Wyatt gave the cold to Kate and Kate gave it to me, and yah you feel fine when you have a cold but the congestion is serious. I still can't taste and I blow my nose a box of kleenex worth a day. Since nothing actually helps colds, I did some serious essential oil diffusion and rubbing onto the chest and bottoms of feet..like frequently for 3 days and there was no obvious relief and no shortening of symptoms.  I smelled delightful and so did my house.  Anyways, after 3 days of no sleeping because I couldn't breathe, I bought me some NyQuil and some Affrin and that was a wonderful night of chemical induced symptom suppressing sleep...amen.  Affrin is magical and it took much will power for me not to use it more than 3 days in a row but I held strong.  I came across a few serious yet funny addiction websites such as this one.  This is some serious stuff people but such a life saver for a few days of breathing at night.

Down with essential oils...up with addicting chemicals that allow you to breathe for a few blessed hours!

4. Our way too kind neighbors gave us this John Deere Gator Power Wheels Thingy that Wyatt is in love with.  I have really enjoyed watching a 3 year old learn to steer and back up and shift gears.  So comical! After 3 days, he is really getting the hang of it and can follow the sidewalk for the most part. I just need a way to safely buckle Kate in. Because I think she would be safer in it, than out of it.  She really wants to climb in and ride too poor girl.
5. We pumpkin patched already. I guess we will have to go once a week. I got a few sorta ok pictures but nothing amazing. I have to get some one year photos of Kate ASAP. Maybe this weekend our  noses will be dry enough for pictures.




Labels:

2 Comments:

At October 23, 2014 at 7:08 AM , Blogger Courtney said...

Your kids are getting so big!!

 
At October 23, 2014 at 8:10 AM , Blogger Janet said...

They are. I miss your updates. You must be so busy right now!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home