Friday, September 5, 2014

Five Fact Friday

1. So Hunter had a week off of work since he finished his project and will start the next one next week.  I had a 30 item to do list (I just counted) for me and him and we are down to about approximately exactly 7 left.  Nice work. And may I say husband of the year?  One of my to do items was to clean the grates on the gas stovetop.  I consulted Pinterest. Pinterest said you have to put in a garbage bag overnight with a teeny bit of ammonia and then you can scrub the grodies right off.  Pinterest was correct. So if you neglect to clean your stovetop for about a year like me, just know that ammonia can be your friend.  Just don't breathe ummmk?
After left, before right
2. Wyatt had his first day of preschool for this year.  He was super excited all the way until we were about to leave the house and go and then a little panic set in.  He started saying "I'm not 3 years old yet".  We had told him that he was in the 3 year old class.  You could just see the doubt creep in and the stalling started.  Once we got there, I just had to walk him over to the toys and give him a hug and then he seemed to be good to go.




3. Kate is 10 months old now.  She is walking about 1/3 of the time and crawling the rest.  She loves Hunter more than me now.  She doesn't want me to hold her in the evenings and is always reaching for Hunter and trying to get to him.  She says dada and some form of hi.  She will even push my hand away if I reach for her and curl up on Hunter.  Well Kate...I guess I love him too but don't forget who takes care of you all day.   ;)
An action shot
4. This hits home with me this week and every week.  I let things bother me too much when life doesn't go as planned.  There might have been a moment where I was sitting in the kitchen in my skivvies because Kate barfed on my clothes and hers and Wyatt was flipping out because I guess he has never seen someone else barf and he wouldn't eat dinner and Hunter wasn't home and I couldn't stop eating french fries and I wasn't sure how I was going to get a sick kid bathed and asleep with another one freaking out and not eating dinner and he skipped his nap that day too.  Did you follow that? Me neither. I have worked less than 5 hours this week because Kate is sick and my laptop is busted and I have been enjoying checking things off of my to do list since Hunter is home to handle child care.  We were going to make a trip and visit people but now that won't happen. And I feel guilty and happy and sad all at the same time.
5. Have you played with Hyperlapse on your phone yet? It is pretty fun.  All of my creations are too boring to share but I think its hilarious to watch my kids time lapse eat dinner or walk down the sidewalk pushing their toys.  Yup..I am easily amused these days. 
My peas in the pods. Hope she feels better soon!

I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend because next week is a five day work week...eeeeeek!!! Remember...adventure not ordeal....adventure not ordeal. 

Labels:

1 Comments:

At September 5, 2014 at 12:12 PM , Anonymous Samantha said...

Love you Janet! Your an awesome mom! Next week will be better! :) We need a girls night!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home