Friday, November 28, 2014

Five Fact Black Friday

Did you buy anything today?  Are you still in your jammies? I have a few things on my online watch list. I MIGHT do some buying. I am writing this post before Thanksgiving, so I won't have any Thanksgiving pictures for you, but I hope yours was fabulous.  Hope mine was too. :)

1. I made 2 of Pioneer Woman's Nantucket Cranberry Pies and 1 of Annie's Salty Honey Pies.  What pies did your family eat?  I bought some vanilla bean paste because I am tired of buying expensive vanilla beans and this lasts for 3 years.  I hope it is as good as the real thing.

2. When I heard that my second baby was a girl, I was a little sad that they would never push dump trucks around the back yard together....but they do!!  Yay.  She even has a pink dump truck (not pictured).


3. I tried this Pear Pomegranate salad recipe and it was great!  I am on a pomegranate kick right now. I want to try this Butter Chicken next.  And maybe I need to make her Pumpkin Taco Soup again...mmmmmm.

4. I had a very proud moment last weekend.  We went to a local Mexican food place.  Wyatt used a tortilla as a napkin to wipe some queso off of his face.   YES!

5. My Monday bootcamp workout was so tough I couldn't sleep that night. A few peeps have asked me what we do, so here is my illegally captured picture of our workout.

No I couldn't even be bothered to crop out  the screenshot stuff

Location: 9th grade football team's dirty gym complete with staph and stinky sweaty floors
Warm up: 1 mile jog
Workout: The 12th Man - Start with #1 and do 1 rep of that.  Go to #2 and do 2 reps of that followed by 1 rep of #1.  Go to #3 and do 3 reps, followed by 2 reps of #2, and 1 rep of #1.

1 - Kettlebell Manmaker
2 - Kettlebell Turkish Getup 
3 - Kettlebell Clean & Press
4 - Kettlebell Snatch
5 - Kettlebell Thrusters
6 - Kettlebell Swings
7 - Kettlebell Sit Ups
8 - Wall Balls / Box Step Ups (alternate)
9 - Ball Slams / Dead Lifts (alternate)
10 - TRX Chest Press
11 - TRX Tricep Extension
12 - TRX Atomic Push Up

So we did 1 man maker, 2 turkish getups, 1 man maker, 3 clean and press, 2 turkish getups, 1 man maker etc etc.  Doesn't look like much but it adds up quick and no breaks really.

Cool Down: Lay on staph infected floor and enjoy Bon Jovi song while stretching out our exhausted muscles

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At February 7, 2015 at 10:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Wyatt! Love them with their dump trucks! They couldn't be cuter!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home