Monday, March 31, 2014

Tiiiime Is Not On My Side, No It's Nawt

 Things I have been spending my time on....

Obsessively watching Lightroom 5 tutorials and trying to learn how to edit pictures.  So many steps. So many options. I can spend 1 hour on 1 stinking picture but then we get a gem like this one. I dodged some areas that were too shaded. I enhanced iris. I enhanced whites of eyes. I sharpened face. I color corrected. I straightened my hair part (just kiddin). On and on and oooonnnn.

Converting Wyatt's crib to a toddler bed.  I love watching his behavior on the monitor. It's like a personality analysis and science experiment all in one. Day 1, Nap...he climbed out of bed, climbed back in, climbed out of bed, opened his door, climbed back in, climbed out of bed, walked into living room, looked so busted. I told him to go take his nap and he ran in there and slammed the door and hopped back in bed. Went to sleep.  When he woke up he called "opeeen da door" while standing in his bed like he can't get out.  Day 1, Night ..everything is fine but he still didnt realize he can get out of bed and come find me on his own. Day 2, Nap...straight to sleep and called for me to come get him.  Ha ha.  He is not a limit tester.  I do have a fear that somehow someway he would be able to sneak out of the house in the middle of the night.

Kate has her daddy's allergy problems I guess. She was not really able to sleep last night because she couldn't breathe laying down. Not sure why it took me until about 2:30 AM to try putting her in the baby swing again but it worked like a charm.  She was all propped up and breathing good. I repeated this for some quality naps again today.  I keep looking at the monitor that is focused on her crib and I am all "WHERE IS THE BABY" oh yeahhh. In the swing.  She is 5 months now - can ya believe it?


 

Work is good again as of last week. I got back on the wagon and caught up on my code reviews. I even have some time for some self improvement to be a better code reviewer.  Reading through my "SCJP 6" book again and checking out some "Wicket in Action". 

With the rest of my free time last week I scrubbed the toilets, vacuumed the floors, scrubbed the couch cushions, vacuumed under the couch cushions, sanitized the bathrooms...like real cleaning. Luckily I won't have to repeat this for another 5 months or so. Hunter and Wyatt mopped the kitchen for me too.  My usual bathroom cleaning routine consists of me wiping the sink with the cotton ball I used to clean my face.  Ha ha.

Yup. That is it.  That is what I have been doing with my free time.  All 3 hours a day of it.  The other 21 hours continue to be filled with diaper changes and feedings, dinner prep, dragging toys from the garage to the back yard and vice versa, working, sleeping, and laundrying.

So what other boring details of my life would you like to hear more about?  I can attempt to write another post or two this week.

  • The tractor playlist I created that Wyatt loves and listens to 3 times a day? I can burn you a copy.
  • New hair products and styling tools that even I can figure out how to use
  • 17 ways to eat spinach in one week (I should be popeye strong after last week)
  • My new workout plan I am following
  • Essential oils that I am trying so I can fit in with other SAHMs
  • None of the above

6 Comments:

At April 6, 2014 at 8:24 PM , Anonymous Samantha W. said...

I don't wear fancy things or try fancy products so we would fit in together!

 
At April 6, 2014 at 11:31 PM , Blogger Janet said...

Perfect. My fashion goal for 2014 is to wear a scarf as an accessory.

 
At April 9, 2014 at 11:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wyatt's bed is so cool and Kate seems so happy and giggly. Hope the bed change is still going well. Why did you guys decide to do it now?

 
At April 11, 2014 at 11:39 AM , Blogger Janet said...

He just seemed ready. And I got tired of lifting him and and going to get him when he woke up. There are babies to nurse and diapers to change. Ha ha.

 
At April 21, 2014 at 11:51 AM , Blogger LauraLowe said...

I'll trade you a tractor playlist for a little people mix cd?

 
At April 21, 2014 at 11:51 AM , Blogger LauraLowe said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home