Thursday, March 20, 2014

Hall Pass

I am taking a hall pass on everything this week. I am wandering around aimlessly and never checking in for long on any one thing. My downward spiral started on Sunday with an infection, fever, and me huddled under a blanket with layers of clothes on.

I felt much better on Monday, but I drove to the big city to go see my old knee surgeon.  Talk about a way to feel old.  When did you have your surgery? Ohh about 15 years ago.  What sports do you play? Ohhh I just cook, clean, sit at a computer, and chase 2 kids.  BUT I do run 1 to 2 times a week and do the Jillian Michaels "Once a Week Shred".    At the appointment I learned I have bone spurs, kneecap displacement issues, and some quad failure caused by kneecap issues (I cannot jump in the air on that one leg).  I made one physical therapy appointment and I am hoping the rest can turn into at home.  They said try therapy, and then injections and surgery next steps.  Not sure if I am worthy of any of that but we will see.

I followed that up with almost no hours of work logged this week.  Minimal cooking. Absolutely no cleaning.  Sometimes getting dressed.  Maybe fixing my hair. Always brushing my teeth.  I had pizza for breakfast yesterday and sonic for lunch??!!  I need a do-over week (don't tell my bosses). 

You know how I can tell I feel guilty?  I hear a lot more phantom baby cries than usual.  You know..those cries when you are taking a shower or your baby is napping and you go check and there were no cries just sweet snoozing.  Please tell me other people hear phantom baby cries.

Whew.  Now I feel better.  Going to login to work for 5 minutes.  See if I can find some more leftover pizza (kidding kidding). 

A scene from our 1 hour walk around the block. 
Swinging!






3 Comments:

At April 9, 2014 at 11:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that on your hall pass week, you do more than we do on a productive week. Super mom!

 
At April 11, 2014 at 11:41 AM , Blogger Janet said...

Ha ha. I must be fooling people into thinking I am super mom. Really I am just tired mom. And grumpy mom.

 
At November 28, 2023 at 3:43 PM , Anonymous Untitled said...

Hello, nice post.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home