Wednesday, February 12, 2014

I Want Mooooomy

We crossed the line. We hit the point. I lose. He wins.  Even if he loses, I lose too.

Average time it takes to make Wyatt:
  • wash hands - 12 minutes
  • stop playing to come eat - 7 minutes
  • allow me to dress him - 14 minutes
  • get from truck to inside of house - 21 minutes 
  • brush teeth and put on night time diaper - 27 minutes
Any time I try to make him do something he doesn't want to do its ugly, big tears, drooling, snotting, and "I waaannttttt mommy".  His favorite words are "NO", "I need 1 minute"(while shooting me the bird because he is learning to hold up numbers), and "OK" (which translates to no).  

So lets list the things he does want to do:
  • play obsessively with toys
  • eat ice cream sandwiches
  • sing 1 billion songs and read 1 million books before bed
Anything outside of that list is a fight.  So far my strategy is to stand off the the side, have him tell me when he is ready, and shove chocolate chips into my mouth that I am supposed to use to make cookie bar on Valentines day.  I better remember to reserve 2 cups...or I could halve the recipe?   So maybe I should just make him do it right?  Well, I need to work out some mo' because I can't physically find a way to do this sometimes. 

I hear 3 is worse than 2.  Sigh. Great news though!  His preschool is going to have a summer program this year.  Whoo hooo.  I was scared about being able to continue working my hours while he didn't have school. 





This picture is pointing out something very important.  Not the lightening McQueen bandaid.  Not the John Deere tractor.  Not the crops, and plowed rows, and grass, and tractors colored on the box.  See that on the side?  Revolution SE Duallie.  I got my double jogging stroller. Whoo hoo.  Cant wait for the weather to warm up a tad bit so we can rock the stroller double kid style.  I wonder how many minutes it will take me to get Wyatt into the stroller?





Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At February 16, 2014 at 5:50 PM , Blogger jacque said...

Hahaha, I don't believe this at all! ;) These boys like to think they're in charge, huh?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home