Friday, January 10, 2014

A Public Service Announcement

In the past month, we have been a bunch of sick peeps.

Wyatt 3
Kate 1
Hunter 2
Janet 2

Our most recent visitor was the durn stomach bug.  I spent the time I would usually spend eating looking up how to keep the virus from spreading to the kiddies.

So here is my PSA.  Clorox and Lysol wipes DO NOT kill stomach bug usually caused by rotavirus, norovirus, etc.  You know what does?  Lysol disinfectant spray. Yup! The stuff I only use for spraying the trash can.  You can spray this on almost all materials including fabric. And yup, these pesky viruses can live on fabric for up to 3 weeks!!!!  The spray needs to stay on the surface for 10 minutes to kill the virus. 

While researching all of this, I did find a Clorox wipe product that will kill stomach bug...Clorox Healthcare Hydrogen Peroxide Disinfectant.  I believe this product was originally only available for health care professional type people and places but I found it on Amazon.  You bettah believe I Amazon primed us some of that immediately.  I got tired of inhaling the fumes from the Lysol spray so I think this will be a nice alternative.


Here is hoping I don't need to use these products for the next 20 years or so! I dropped 5 pounds in one week, but by the end of the weekend I will probably be right back to where I was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home