Friday, December 6, 2013

Keepin It Clean

I am not sure if this is a confession blog post or if I actually think anybody would want to read this.  I am definitely embracing the spend more time with your kids and less time keeping the house clean methodology. No problemo with that one. I was making a mental list of things I do and don't do every day while both kids happened to be sleeping at the same time and I decided to waste your time by writing it up.

Things I Do Almost Every Day:
Make the bed - so I can swan dive into it once both kids are asleep
Do the dishes - I can't leave anything out overnight
Sweep the kitchen
Put up some toys - but never all?!?!
Wipe the table and the high chair seat - threeee tiiiimes a daaaaay

Things I Almost Never Do:
Mop the kitchen
Vacuum
Scrub toilets, sinks, and showers
Put up all of the clean laundry - why cant I ever finish it. hanging up clothes is the worst for me


Things I Will Never Ever Do:
Dust - maybe if the president was coming over?
Organize
Iron - maybe for a wedding?

The End. Enjoy my boring worthless post. I almost didn't publish this (about 10 times) but then I decided to. You're welcome.


6 Comments:

At December 7, 2013 at 9:30 AM , Blogger LauraLowe said...

Fact - I don't even own an iron. So you know that ones never going to happen in my house.
As for dusting - if you really, REALLY want it to happen, hand a swiffer duster to Wyatt. Turns out that's the coolest toy ever and hailey will dust the china cabinet for me quite well. Hence that's the only piece of furniture in my house that's dusted ;)

 
At December 7, 2013 at 10:52 AM , Blogger Beth said...

You're already beating me by sweeping the kitchen daily. I'm currently trying to get my house in tip top shape because my in laws are coming tonight for 10 days and I don't want her to find things to clean!!
I occasionally clean the bathrooms - basically when I can't stand it anymore. Swiffer wet is the closest I've gotten to mopping in months.
You're awesome!

 
At December 9, 2013 at 3:36 PM , Blogger Janet said...

How did I not think of signing Wyatt up for swifter duty?!?

 
At December 9, 2013 at 3:37 PM , Blogger Janet said...

Ha ha. Beth, you will prob have to sweep every day as soon as M enters full blown self feeding. It's messy!!!

 
At December 13, 2013 at 1:26 AM , Blogger LauraLowe said...

Having two dogs means I don't sweep basically ever. Ok fine. Once a month. They make sure there are no crumbs on the floor. Downfall, they bring grass/leaves/etc in but that stuff totally blends with the tile ;)

 
At December 30, 2013 at 11:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel better, that's probably more than I do...Eek!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home