Sunday, November 3, 2013

One Week Update

This week has been so enjoyable (aside from a few really long nights).  With a second kiddo you don't worry as much about silly little things like "are they eating enough" or "is this right".  You know sometimes they cry and you can't fix it immediately. You just enjoy watching them and cuddling them.  You also know that they will figure out their nights and days soon enough and you can endure.  You know it gets better. For the first kiddo I thought it might not change???  It might be the end of the world?? Why won't you nap!??!?  :)

I am down 16 lbs after 1 week (sounds impressive but I have a loooong way to go).  She is up half a pound after 1 week.  I can bend over to shave my legs and paint my toes.  She can stay awake for a little while after eating and make googly eyes at us.  Life is going on.

I dream about running again.  I have missed it like crazy, but I know I will have a long way to go before I can run again.  I probably shouldn't even be pushing our double stroller around yet but the weather is so nice. My recovery for this old school delivery has been so much better than my c section.  People avoid it at all costs if you can!  Or maybe I was just lucky to have an easy labor and delivery this time with working epidural?  I just feel almost human right now and I know I didn't with my C section. 

Wyatt seems pretty fascinated with Baby Kate. He wants her to play. He wants her to open her eyes. He likes to watch diaper changes. He pats her when she is sleeping in an almost gentle way. He is so confused by nursing. He is even more confused by a pump.  He saw the pump next to Hunter and said "you're not pumping?".

So we are all rosy and happy here and I wanted to document this because Hunter goes back to work next week. Me and the 2 kids might cry buckets those first few days as we figure out how to do everything together. 

We had a photo shoot attempt on Saturday.  Pics coming soon. 




1 Comments:

At November 29, 2013 at 10:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a sweet pic! It's great everything is going so well.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home