Sunday, October 13, 2013

Our Pink and Aqua Nursery Nook

Kate's nursery nook is complete!  I love it, and everything came out better than I could have imagined thanks to some hard work from all of the family.



I did not want to clean out our guest bedroom / office and turn it into a baby girl room if we were only going to be renting this house until she was about 3 months old.  Our master bedroom has a little offset area, so we focused on fixing that up.  Since that project has started, we have learned that we will probably be living here a bit longer.  Oh well, when we are ready to give Kate the boot this beautiful nook will transfer to a big room without any problems.

The Bedding and Bed:


The Curtain / Valance:

I have an excellent room darkening window blind on the window that I can raise and lower, but I needed something to give the space some color.  Take Me There Totes created a valance to match the trim on the mesh crib bumper. I should buy a curtain rod that matches the white a bit more, but maybe another year. 

Decor Over the Crib:


  • The bunting was created by Take Me There Totes.
  • The K was purchased by my sister from Hobby Lobby and covered in fabric purchased at Hobby Lobby as well.
  The Dresser / Diaper Changer:

  • The dresser is a goodwill purchase for $40.  Hunter sanded the dresser and repainted with Behr Interior Flat Enamel in Ultra Pure White.  This matched the crib perfectly.  He spray painted the cabinet hardware with Rustoleum Metallic Finish.
  • The diaper changing pad cover is by Sweet Heart n Sunshine in the color Tiffany.
  • I have filled the top drawer with all diaper changing necessities, extra sheets, and an extra changing pad cover.  The middle drawer holds clothes, and the bottom drawer holds blankets, burps, and bibs.  All of the extra clothes are currently in tubs or on hangers in Wyatt's closet.  He doesn't mind sharing for now.  
 Over the Changer Decor:

 My sister purchased quite a few frames from Hobby Lobby and spray painted them to match the room.  She filled some with fabric and some with pictures.  Once I get some fabulous newborn pictures, I will update the decor.  Paint colors are: Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Gloss in Blue Ocean Breeze, Krylon Short Cuts in Hot Pink, and Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Gloss in Classic Gray.

Room Dividing Curtain Rod and Curtains:

Wyatt has always needed a dark room for sleeping.  Since we will be sharing a room, I wanted to find a way to block out some light and maybe even add a bit of sound blocking.  Since this is a rental, we couldn't mount random curtain hardware in the middle of the room. 
  • Bed Bath and Beyond sells a tension curtain rod that spans 120".  So far, this seems very sturdy.
  • I purchased 3 of the Eclipse ThermaWeave Fairfax Grommet Panel (52"x84") in the color Gray from Target.  They do a pretty good job of blocking light. We will see about sound. 
 Everything Else:
  • I have a few cute baskets that have her toys, books, and hairbows around the dresser area on the floor.  As she gets older, she will need more storage (see moving to another room in future).
  • I have a glider in the living room.  With a second kid, I guess I won't have the luxury of kicking back and relaxing in a baby room.  I will need to be in the center of the action. I have stuffed the pockets with burps and bibs and wedged the boppy between the glider and the couch.
  • I purchased another camera for the video monitor not because I will need to watch her while she is sleeping in our room, but so I can be doing things around the house with Wyatt and she can sleep in her room. 
Everything is ready.  I just need a baby girl now.  Two to three more weeks people.  We can do this!

Labels: , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At October 13, 2013 at 5:16 PM , Blogger The Chaddrick Family said...

Looks great, Janet! Can't wait to see pics of that baby girl. Where are y'all headed next?

 
At October 13, 2013 at 10:13 PM , Blogger Beth said...

Looks awesome Janet! Can't wait to meet Miss Kate!!

 
At October 13, 2013 at 10:22 PM , Blogger Janet said...

We never know where we head next, but looks like we will be hanging around here for a few more years now. Yay!!!

 
At October 13, 2013 at 10:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! She's going to love it! Can't wait to see/meet baby Kate!

 
At November 4, 2014 at 10:06 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I really really wish that I could find this crib liner! I love it and want it so bad!

 
At November 4, 2014 at 10:18 PM , Blogger Janet said...

Erin, although my MIL made this, she did some very simple sewing to trim the breathable baby line with cute fabric from Joanns. I would think that this would be simple for most to do. I hope you have someone crafty nearby to help you!!

 
At November 5, 2014 at 1:50 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

oh wow! and the curtains match! Thank you! I'm still jealous though :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home