Thursday, September 12, 2013

My Baby is 2!

Stats
24 months old
Weight? Will find out at Dr appt today.  Around 25 lbs?
All teeth in except 2 year molars
Undies during the day, 2T pull ups at nap, size 6 diapers at night
Clothes size 18 month / 24 month




Eating
3 meals a day, 2 snacks a day.
Favorite foods are macaroni, ice cream, M&Ms, and avocados.
Still not a fan of sandwiches but will eat almost anything in taco form.
Loves breakfast meats (bacon, sausage, pigs in the blanket) and scrambled eggs.
Prefers his veggies in raw form.
Likes almost all fruits.
Still a yogurt and smoothie fan.
Pasta and pizza are usually a winner.
We finally eat cereal with milk like a big boy



Sleep
8:30 PM to 7:00 AM and a nap between 12:30 PM and 2:30ish PM.
He is starting to get a bit more manipulative at bedtime.  One more book.  I need to go potty. Stand up and ask for "mama".
His head still never stays on one end of the bed so I don't think he will EVER use a blanket or pillow.
He gets to choose "mommy books" or "daddy books" every night.  The lucky winner reads 2 books and puts him down for the night. He might have to get "daddy books" alot more coming soon. 
Funniest thing to me is the fact that he still sleeps better if he goes to bed fully rested versus tired.  Missing a nap or sleep interruption can throw off our good sleeping for several days. 



Skillz
Mostly potty trained before 2 years old.  All credit to him and not me.
Able to request his shows by name and episode. Yup, I have created a Netflix Instant Play monster. 
Independent play...I can cook, work, clean more than I ever would have believed while he plays toys.
Vocabulary. My little boy is a talker and knows more words than I thought, but luckily for his future teachers he is a little shy too.
Wyatt is my milestone man.  If the book says he should be doing this at a certain month, Wyatt will do it 3 months ahead of time.  This includes cutting teeth, walking, potty training etc.  I wish my awesome parenting could take the credit, but I think it is just personality type.  I will get what I am due for with this baby girl I am sure.



Dislikes
"Too many bugs".  There are so many mosquitoes in our town that we can't play outside frequently even with bug spray.  You can stand at the door or window and watch herds of skeeters try to come in your house.
Taking a break from playing toys to go potty.
When his clothes get wet from playing with water or eating something like watermelon.
Only taking vitamins at breakfast. He wants them every meal. Candy gummies baby.
Swimming in a big pool.  He doesn't like that he can't control it or someone has to hold him.



Likes
Preschool (so far), but he does cry for a minute or so at drop off sometimes.
Pushing mowers, airplanes, tricycles down the sidewalk to the mailbox and to see the cows.
Airplanes, tractors, trucks, trains...such a boy.
Riding on the bike with Daddy.
Visiting all of our families.
Playing toys.  The most requested item of me is to "play toys".  He just wants a friend.
Smelling spices and candles.  We have to smell the candle section all the time at the store.
Splashing at the beach, splash pad, or baby pool.



It is official.  I can no longer post monthly update posts because he is too grown up.  I can no longer respond in months when somebody asks me his age.

To celebrate the big day, we are going to his 2 year checkup appointment (with shots) and then he gets to go to my OB appointment (with exam).  What a lucky guy.  What a mean mom.  I am hoping we can get in a good ice cream break somewhere in there and our weekend of fun with families makes up for this.

Happy birthday my baby Wyatt.  You are so much more fun than I ever could have imagined when you were 3 months old.  Even though I count down the minutes until Daddy comes home, I love being home with you and being your best buddy! I also love how cuddly you are as a toddler even though you weren't a snuggle bug baby. 





Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At September 12, 2013 at 9:12 AM , Blogger TakeMeThereTotes said...

Love this post. Happy Two Year Birthday, Wyatt! Lots of love and happiness wished for you and the family in the year to come.

 
At September 12, 2013 at 9:13 AM , Blogger TakeMeThereTotes said...

Love this post. Happy Two Year Birthday, Wyatt! Lots of love and happiness wished for you and the family in the year to come.

 
At September 13, 2013 at 10:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Wyatt! You and your mama are amazing! Hugs!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home