Saturday, August 10, 2013

thredUp Review

I  gave thredUp a try after reading about this site along with Twice from some of my favorite bloggers Ain't No Mom Jeans and Camp Patton.

  • thredUp is an online Consignment / High End Thrift Store.  They have an app and online site for easy filtering by type (boys, girls, juniors, womens), size, category (maternity, plus, petite, regular), and you can select favorite brands or request only items with tags on. 
  • thredUp will ship the items to your front door.  An order of $50 or more qualifies for free shipping; otherwise, shipping starts at $2.99.
  • thredUp will allow you to return any items you don't like. You receive a full refund but have to pay the return shipping.
  • thredUp will also allow you to send clothes you don't need to their store and pay you some $$$$.  They only accept name brand, very high quality clothes, and seem to have too much demand right now so there are many complaints about people not getting the money they expect. I am going to test this out with some of my nice work clothes that I have not worn for ages and will not wear for ages to see what happens.  They are from 2 years ago so will probably not make the cut for being outdated.  
 Order #1 - Maternity Clothes Order

Motherhood Tunic, Sleeveless, Teal - $8.49 (this was actually sent to me for free with a sticker that said flawed freebie...I could not find the flaw anywhere...bonus for me!)
A Pea In the Pod  Top, Sleeveless, Gray - $16.49 (new with tags)
A Pea In The Pod Casual Dress, Black  - $23.49
Oh Baby By Motherhood Tunic, Maroon - $7.99
Total with an intro 20% off and free flawed garment - $36.71



Order #2 - Toddler Order

Gymboree Short Sleeve Button Down, New With Tags - $11.99
Heritage 1981 Cardigan (for me, not Wyatt) - $8.99
One Jackson Sweater, Brown - $9.49
Lucky Brand Button Down with Pearl Snaps - $8.99
Janie and Jack Flat Cap - $6.99
Motherhood Shorts (not pictured, another for me) - $6.99
Total Cost - $53.44


In summary, I was very happy with the service.  I enjoy picking up my phone and checking out the most recent items in my favorite filtered searches that are saved in the app and on the site. I look forward to buying some post pregnancy clothes from the site.  I am quite sure you can save just as much, if not more money, by browsing thrift stores on your own or watching for coupons but I don't make time for that.  If you would like to check it out and give me a referral credit, visit here

P.S. I don't feel the need to buy Wyatt many name brand clothes, but I wanted to have some cutesies for some 2 year photo shoots.  Ooootay?

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At August 10, 2013 at 3:23 PM , Blogger TakeMeThereTotes said...

That's neat! I like this idea. Good picks for you and 2 year photo shot. I believe this company was featured on World News Tonight on their Real Money segment. Good Job Mom!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home