Monday, July 29, 2013

Third Trimester

I am going to bore you with some pregnancy trivia today.

How far along? 27 weeks

How big is baby? Around 2 pounds. She is a cauliflower this week.

Total weight gain/loss:  23 pounds. 

Maternity clothes? I have one pair of shorts that I wear almost every day.  Sometimes I alternate with a dress or a backup pair of shorts. I am able to sleep in a few non-maternity tanks but I can only wear Hunter's t-shirts or my own maternity shirts.

Sleep: I alternate between pregnancy insomnia and sleeping wonderfully for 9 hours straight.

Best moment this week: Aside from ice cream with chocolate syrup, sprinkles, and caramel, we bought a $30 double stroller on Craig's List that I can use to walk around the hood and make it to a dr appointment or two.  This means we can buy that super expensive double jogging stroller when I am ready. 

Movement: She moves when I relax.  We fall asleep to each other's tossing and turning. We wake up to each other's tossing and turning.  She keeps me bumping through my 2 hour straight work stretch in the afternoons.

Food cravings:  I don't really have cravings. I just like food..alot, but that is nothing new.  There was a week or two where all I could think about was meat but that is about it.

Food Aversions: None.  First pregnancy I couldn't stand bell peppers. Nothing on this one.

Gender: It's a girl!!

Labor Signs:  Apparently being with a 2 year old all day is more physically demanding than sitting at a desk.  I have the good ol braxton hicks almost every evening after the dinner, bath, and bedtime bustle.

Pregnancy Symptoms:  Aside from my huge belly, I seem to be not as mentally sharp and I have had a few crying outbursts over silly things. I mean really silly.  So silly I won't even type what they are. I am nawt a crier people.

Belly Button in or out? I have an outie on top and an innie on bottom right now.

What I miss:  Running. My old clothes. Beer.

What I am looking forward to: Is there really any other answer?   Meeting this little girl!

Upcoming appointments/events:  I have to do the 4 hour glucose test this week.  Boo hoo.  I missed passing the 1 hour glucose test by something silly like 3 points.  The lab tech lectured me for not eating enough before the test.  They told me to eat a light lunch so I ate a cheese string and some cashews an hour before.  She told me this is probably why I failed, but I must continue on.  Thursday I will be fasting for about 12 hours and sitting in a dr office for 4 of those.

Milestones:  We picked out a name. We are in the third trimester. I am building to do lists and checking them off. I will sleep better at night once everything is done.


Here are a few maternity photos.  These are hard to share...but here goes.  These are all pinterest copy attempts.

The progress

The silhouette

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At July 29, 2013 at 10:28 PM , Blogger LauraLowe said...

Love the silhouette photo! Look at you all artsy :)

Won't help the beer craving, but I've heard a glass of wine helps with braxton hicks AND the two hour bath/bedtime routine wind-down ;)

 
At July 29, 2013 at 10:29 PM , Blogger jamison said...

Love love love the pictures!

 
At July 31, 2013 at 9:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the awesome update. Love the pics! You look fantastic!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home