Monday, June 24, 2013

When Your Belly Weighs More Than Your Dumbbells

I am just finishing up month 2 of 3 of my trial gym membership.  So far so good.  I got one of my friends (IT woman turned personal trainer) to create a pre natal workout plan for me because I would go to the gym and look at all the things I couldn't do instead of find things I could do. 

She set me up with 4 different workouts.

1. An in gym full body workout.  I do 2 sets of 8 - 12 reps at about 1/3 of my usual weight and always wear my heart rate monitor.  Sometimes I laugh because I am holding my 5 lb dumbbells and it doesn't even counter balance the weight in my belly. 

2. An at home full body workout.  I continue with the 2 sets of 8 - 12 reps.  I already have adjustable dumbbells, but I purchased this resistance band set for $30 and I love it.  It has a door hook and a ankle wrap connector and all comes in a nice little bag you can carry around.  This plan has a lot of variety so I am not stuck doing the same exercises every time.  I am fitting this workout in at nap time or after bed time. 

3. A pool workout which I have not yet had the courage to try but want to.

4. A late in the pregnancy workout which I haven't needed yet but ask me in a few months!

I try to balance 2 or 3 workouts a week with some walking or biking around the hood and I make use of the treadmills and old lady bikes at the gym when I go.   Mom, I know you use those bikes and you are not an old lady, but that is what I will always call them.  P.S. I was really sore from using one of those old lady bikes last week for 20 minutes.  Work it, work it!

Anybody know when I won't be able to ride a bike anymore?  I guess my belly will tell me. 

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At July 18, 2013 at 10:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're inspirational! Jenn and I have been trying to go to the gym the last two weeks and we're not even half as far as you and you're pregnant!

 
At July 21, 2013 at 10:04 PM , Blogger Janet said...

I saw that on facebook. Sounds like yall are having fun. Zumba...yah!

 
At July 28, 2022 at 12:58 PM , Anonymous Redford Garage Door Repairs said...

Nice blog you have here, thanks for sharing this

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home