Wednesday, June 19, 2013

A Big Day for Calleigh

Tomorrow my niece is having surgery so that she can breathe like a healthy little baby girl.  We are praying for her.  Hoping the surgery is quick and everything goes perfectly.  Hoping her recovery is not painful.  Hoping she will only need one surgery. Hope and pray baby! I can't wait to see her take a big long deep breath through her nose and smile.  I can't wait to hold her either. 


So let's talk about some more trivial things to take our mind off of Calleigh's big day.

1. I fear we will never be able to play outside again.  Mosquitoes are insane.  They swarm us even with bug spray on...especially on the face where I don't like to spray very much. 

2. If you hear Wyatt walking around saying DAMNIT DAMNIT DAMNIT he is really talking about the CABINET where we keep our tractors and cars in the kitchen. 

3.  Lemon zest and bacon make summer vegetable pasta extra wonderful.   I used this recipe as inspiration but used angel hair instead of orzo and zucchini instead of broccoli.

4. I am a cloth diaper fan, but not necessarily a fanatic.  Sad news...I officially give up cloth diapering at night.  I use Bum Genius 4.0.  I have tried hemp inserts, fleece liners, and stripping the diapers after every wash.  For some reason, the bootie gets really irritated at night. This is a newish thing.  Wyatt never used to have a problem.  He has also started chugging alot of milk before going to bed.  Maybe that is the cause?  I feel a little guilty for not using my large stash of diapers 24x7 but what can you do.  I would wrap Wyatt's bootie in gold at night if it meant good sleep and red bootie avoidance.  Seriously...good sleep is priceless. 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home