Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Sneaky Veggies

Wyatt doesn't hate veggies, but he doesn't love many of them.  Here are a few recent successes I have had with sneaking in more veggies.  
 
Carrot Cake Oatmeal by Annies Eats  - He won't eat cooked or raw carrots, but he will eat them in bressert (breakfast-dessert) form.

Creamy Asparagus Pasta by Eat, Live, Run - Kinda like a creamy pesto but with asparagus instead of basil.  This is also one of my very favorite ways to cook chicken in the oven. 

Put it in a taco.  He is sooo my kid.  I can dice up anything small and heat it in a corn tortilla with some cheese and he will eat it.  Muu ha ha. He loves to eat the taco by his big boy self too.

Dip veggies in some ranch dip.  Buy the sour cream and ranch packet.  Give the kiddo a little bowl of dip ( I use those little fruit cup bowls).  He will eat teeny tiny broccolis, big hunks of mushroom, snap peas, and of course cherry tomatoes. 

Do you have any sneaky veggie recipes or tips I need to know about? 


Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At May 21, 2013 at 9:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You all are so adventurous! We dipped our toe in the hummus pool today and it was a hit. Woohoo! And Wyatt is eating full on tacos. He never ceases to amaze me!

 
At May 21, 2013 at 10:20 PM , Blogger jamison said...

Green smoothies or juices. Need a juicer or blender. Could make spinach and carrot juices.

 
At May 23, 2013 at 9:29 PM , Blogger Janet said...

Maybe I need to check out the juicers on my next Costco trip!

 
At May 23, 2013 at 9:30 PM , Blogger Janet said...

Dips are da bomb for these toddlers!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home