Thursday, May 16, 2013

2nd Trimester

I feel almost like a normal person again! I am 17 weeks along now.  I am gaining 2 lbs a week although I think I am only allowed to gain 1 a week?? I don't mind cooking dinner.  I look at recipes and cookbooks again.  I don't feel like I need to nap to survive. The smell of the dishwasher running, rubber on the oven mitts, tap water, our bathroom does not gross me out anymore.  To everyone who gets sick while pregnant, I am sorry that I complained about my minimal problems.  Please forgive me.

I was not happy living here until a few weeks ago.  "I am too tired to clean or organize. Our tap water is smelly. I have no good memories here.  I have no friends here. Why can't I stop being lazy?" Now I know it was all some kind of emotional pregnancy blip and we are starting to make our happy memories here and get our routine down. I was worried for a bit.  Whew!

And now for some pregnancy facts.  Don't worry, I won't blog about this stuff too often. 

  • I can feel the bebe moving this week. Exciting!  :)
  • People with due dates after mine already know if they are having a boy / girl and that kills me.
  • I think I am having a girl but I kinda want a boy so I don't have to buy/borrow new stuff and play dollies and trucks at the same time. 
  • Bebe is the size of an avocado.
  • Bebe has toenails!
  • I hated how large my face got while I was pregnant with Wyatt.  I would look in the mirror and see a stranger.  I keep waiting for that day to happen, but I know it is more of a sneak up on you kinda thing. 
  • I am starting to feel a bit uncomfortable while sitting, bending over, and sleeping and it seems like I have way too much time left to feel like that already
  • My pregnancy insomnia is baaa-acccck.  Wake up to go the bathroom, lay back in bad and try to keep brain from having any thoughts, lay there wide awake for a long time, lay there so long I get hungry, drift off to sleep right about the time Hunter or Wyatt wakes up.
  • I will never buy Target maternity shorts / pants again.  I have purchased 3 items (comfy shorts, some longer shorts for around town, and some pants that were super on sale).  I want to burn them all.  I guess you really do get what you pay for some times.  I would rather repeat wear my Old Navy or Destination Maternity bottoms 100 times. Dresses and tops from Target...we can still be friends.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At May 17, 2013 at 10:42 AM , Blogger TakeMeThereTotes said...

Take heart, dollies like to ride in dump trucks. And girls will like having a tea party with the dump truck drivers! Yeah! And soon Easy Bake ovens will come in camo colors! Yes!

 
At May 21, 2013 at 10:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't get enough of the pregnancy blogging! Glad you're feeling better! This post makes me nostalgic. Let me know if you want to borrow any of my maternity stuff, but it's mostly sundresses which may not be the right look for dump trucks and working out. Not that I matter, but I can't decide what I want you to have either. I think I'm living vicariously.

 
At May 23, 2013 at 9:31 PM , Blogger Janet said...

Yes, all good points. They even sell pink dump trucks now!

 
At May 23, 2013 at 9:32 PM , Blogger Janet said...

I will get back to ya on the sundresses once we hit 90 every day. Then I might not care if I am chasing dump trucks in em.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home