Tuesday, April 30, 2013

A Fitness Post

So since I got pregnant, I pretty much quit jogging.  See high heart rate.   Oh, and excessive tiredness that causes me to sit on the couch and go to bed as early as possible.  I am still doing some stroller walks, but mostly Wyatt and I just go on a bike ride every day.  Soon my belly will get too big and we won't know what to dooooo. 

But anyways, a mama in my mama group was selling a fundraiser pass I just couldn't pass up.  $30 for a 3 month gym membership with child care. Oh, and the child care is at least acceptable because my mamas group takes their kids there. 

I am hoping to go 2 to 3 times a week.  I am allowed 2 hours of child care a day, which I would probably never use all of, but you can't find a babysitter that cheap! It comes out to less than $1 / hour.  I could just go there to take an enjoyable shower or watch tv. ;)

I tried to find a pregnancy friendly workout plan on the usual websites with workout plans, and they were all super lame-o.   I know the basics.  No lunges, no squats, no exercises where you lay on your stomach or back.  Keep your heart rate lower than 140.  Don't lift heavy.  I would still like something with a little guidance.  Surely someone has created a decent workout plan.  I will post one if I find it. If you have one, please send it to me!

Today, I did 2 sets of 8 reps of whatever weights / machines were close to the tv where I could monitor the child care room.  Wyatt was happy the whole time and wandered around and explored and played new toys so I hit up the treadmill and walked for 20 minutes.  I forgot how much I enjoy jamming out to music while "working out".  The child care seems good 'nuff for me.  I know it's not the best, because the kid who is crying the most gets held and then they just kind of run around and referee all the other kids while holding the crier(s).  Let's just say I wouldn't want their job. 

I can't wait to go back.   Memories of corporate 'Merica where I went to the gym and worked out whenever I wanted!  My corporate 'Merica gym had clothes which was really nice while pregnant.  Guess I have to find some sorta workout maternity clothes here soonish. 


Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At May 10, 2013 at 10:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have all the best ideas! How's it going? Do they have smoothies? If so, Collin and I will join you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home