Thursday, April 11, 2013

Ice Cream for Dinner

We created a situation where I was forced to feed Wyatt ice cream immediately before dinner.

He likes to "help" me cook.  One of us pushes a chair over to the counter by the stove.  He
"helps" by unloading my kitchen utensil drawers, pouring out salt and peppah, stirring air, and his favorite is "smells" where I open the lids of all of the spices and he smells them. This is all tolerable because I can work on whatever meal I am trying to cook.

On Monday, I was trying to make a salad similar to this one but added our leftover grilled corn.  I gave Wyatt the Costco sized garlic powder to "smells".  He was really getting into the smells, and a few moments later the garlic powder was all over the counter and floor and ALL IN HIS MOUTH.  He was cry drooling.  I have tasted about a finger tip full of garlic powder before and I remember how horrible it tastes.  I tried to get out as much as I could in the sink but he wouldn't let anything touch his mouth.  He wouldn't drink anything. He wouldn't eat anything. He smelled horrible and the drool was out of control. I panicked, pulled out some mint cookies and cream ice cream from blue bell and started forcing it down. After about the 5th bite, he started asking for more and calmed down.  He finished the bowl, and then I had a spoonful to calm me down too.

After he was all recovered (aside from the horrible breath), he asked to "smells" again. I thought that activity would be forever ruined.  No such luck!  Not sure which spice is the safest to smells now.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At April 12, 2013 at 9:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Never a dull moment!

Mint cookies and cream fixes everything. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home