Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Book Recommendation - Stephen King 11/22/63

11/22/63 by Stephen King is the best book I have read in a long time.   5 outta 5 stars.   I thought about it all day and tried to sneak in a few paragraphs every free minute I had (sorry Wyatt).  There was a love story.   There was history (JFK assassination).  There were deep thoughts. Made me think about life. Excellent drama and suspense.  You should add this to your list TODAY.   This is not a scary book.  Most of his books aren't.  I really enjoy most of his books although they are crazy and strange.  I would hate to have his imagination and go to sleep at night.

Do you want to read what I think is his scariest?  I read The Boogeyman in a book containing a bunch of his short stories.  It wigged me out.  I also read this when I was in high school.  I think I found the full text at this site if you dare to read.  Summary - the boogeyman is the cause of infant deaths (SIDS).  I might have already talked about this on the blog.  I am too lazy to look.

One of my other favorite books of his is Firestarter which I read ages ago and doesn't seem to get amazing reviews from others so maybe I only liked it way back whens.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At March 21, 2013 at 8:05 AM , Blogger Stacey said...

I read the Stand one weekend when I was in high school. I developed every symptom over the weekend. LoL!

 
At March 21, 2013 at 10:44 PM , Blogger LauraLowe said...

I just read the boogeyman. Thanks for that ;)

 
At March 22, 2013 at 10:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the rec! I'll add it to the book club list. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home