Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Save The Daylight

We just got adjusted to our new time zone and new one nap a day schedule. You know what that means? Let's screw it up by changing the time on Sunday....muuuhahahahhaha. 

So I am torn on the whole one nap thing.  I think Wyatt was ready for it, but he almost falls asleep while eating lunch some days....a chewing induced coma.  He does stay happy all morning.  He takes a really good afternoon nap...I am talking 2.5 to 3.5 hours. 

The mornings feel a bit long for me without a nice Wyatt-nap break and it is harder for me to get work done. I made up this "rule" where I work until 9:00 AM for as much as Wyatt will let me, and then I return to being a good mom again until nap time at 12:00.  This means he roams the house, watches Mighty Machines/Elmo, and is forced to play by his lonesome.

In other news, there is a 1.5 mileish paved trail at a small college across the street from us.  The trail goes quite a bit back away from civilization, and I am usually the only one out there during the day.  After work there are quite a few people out there.  While I am out there, all of these warnings play in my head about being by myself in a secluded area.  Please advise! I am in a safe, small nice part of town.  I am on college or city property.  It is a paved trail intended for exercise.  Nobody could hear me if I screamed for help and nobody could see me when I am towards the back.  I am pushing my precious little boy in a stroller.  I am carrying my pink pepper spray and I have my phone usually. 

Should I just enjoy my exercise out in the "country" where its nice and quiet? Or is it unsafe and I need to run around the streets in my neighborhood....boring. 

Labels:

2 Comments:

At March 8, 2013 at 10:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

2.5 - 3.5 hour nap! WOW!

What does Hunter think of the trail?

 
At March 9, 2013 at 5:19 PM , Blogger Janet said...

He thinks its fine.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home