Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Eat Yer Veggies

Some attempts to get Wyatt to eat more veggies....

Uno:
Lisa and Dylan taught me this one.  Lightly coat spinach with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Lay flat on a baking sheet and cook at 250 degrees for about 20 minutes.  They are like little papery salty chips.  I loved them.  Hunter tolerated them.  Wyatt spit them out. FAIL!

Two:
I plan to try the chard chip version like so.  What are your favorite chard recipes? 

C:
We had snap peas and flank steak sliced thinly and marinated in soy sauce.  Dee-lish-us and Wyatt actually liked the snap peas.  Perhaps he just needed some tasty steak to tempt him. (Sorry veggie-tarians).

Four:
Do tomatoes count as vegetables because Wyatt will eat a container of grape tomatoes in 2 days?

Six Minus One:
Dare I try turnips again? I like turnip greens.  I do not care for turnips.  The in laws have an amazing garden so I came home with about 6 turnips.  I googled "how to make turnips taste good".  Maybe some of these?  Maybe this turnip puff?  Maybe diced and cooked like breakfast potatoes as recommended by my mommy-in-law?  Wish me luck...bleh!


Send me your toddler or adult veggie tricks on the double.  Now that we live close to the in laws we will have a lifetime supply of veggies.  I am not kidding. 




Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At February 28, 2013 at 9:21 PM , Blogger Stacey said...

I would juice the chard. Not sure what to tell you bout the turnips, never been a big fan.
I grew a lot of peas last year in our garden. Haylee ate everyone. We use spinach in this recipe. Love it, we hardly use chicken anymore lots of squash & spinach. http://tammysrecipes.com/chicken_squash_bake
We also use greens in Toscana Soup. They have it at Olive Garden. You are supposed to use kale but we have used other greens. Maybe you could grate the turnip and add it to potatos in hashbrown or something. good luck

 
At March 3, 2013 at 1:15 PM , Blogger Janet said...

Thanks Stacey!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home