Wednesday, April 3, 2013

New Blog Name?

I am thinking about changing my blog name from fun five minutes ago to boring and neglected blog.  If the name fits, change it?

Trip summary time.  Flying out of Houston's Hobby airport is great thanks to the size and location.  Wyatt and I were seated in seat 14B in no time and heading to Atlanta.  Wyatt kicked the man next to me on the right every 5 minutes or so.  I stopped saying sorry after the 14th time and he seemed to tolerate us.  I wouldn't say there were smiles, but he did say that it was ok.  The guy on my left was wearing a nice little sport jacket and taking a snooze.  Wyatt splashed some water from my cup on him and it went all over his jacket.  He didn't notice.  I didn't bother to tell him. Note....do not accept a complimentary beverage when holding a child.   Seriously, he really couldn't have been better behaved.  

Georgia was wonderful.  We stayed at my cousin Carol's place in Tucker.  She has spare bedrooms, bathrooms, a big back yard, and a John Deere mower that Wyatt spent a few hours sitting on.  Brmm brmm!  Another cousin, Wanda, had a pack and play ready to go at Carol's house.  Some epic naps were had in that bed...not the usual for our traveling man.  Carol convinced the family to come over to her house every night for dinner so we didn't have to travel much and I got to put Wyatt to bed early and still socialize.  Perfect! 


Easter dinner was on Saturday.  There were close to 40 relatives gathered together to celebrate.  Ooh wee, we had some good food.  Caramel cake (never heard of before but pretty fab), Brunswick Stew, Aunt Jackie's casserole, macaroni and cheese, some kind of peanut butter dessert, strawberry shortcake.  I can't even remember it all.  My family planned some major activities for the kids.  100ish Easter eggs stuffed with candy and money, glow in the dark Easter eggs in the basement, a pinata filled with goodies.  Only 2 kiddos were able to make it....Wyatt (18 months) and another kiddo Chase (2 years).  They probably didn't enjoy it as much as the older kids would have, but these 2 kids went nuts and were really sweet putting eggs into each others baskets.  Not sure I will be able to top the haul ever again. 

Wyatt likes to "smells"

Basket was so loaded he kept toppling over
Loved dying Easter eggs

We made a day trip to the South Carolina side of Lake Hartwell to see my sister's place.  It was a shorts and flip flops kind of day and we had a great time out on the boat. Susan made us some excellent burgers to top it off.

Wyatt n Aunt Linda
 
Our only 2 tourist stops were The Varsity (my dad's fave hot dog place) and Stone Mountain.

What'll you have?  Naked dog and fries pwease


Base of Stone Mountain
Flight out of ATL was pretty tolerable.  There was an open seat next to me so lots of wiggle room.  The people around me humored us and picked up marker lids and Easter eggs continually throughout the flight.  We flew during nap time, and as usual, there was no nap to be had. 

So glad we made the trip!  Loved seeing everybody.  Loved the few days off from work.  Now I just have to find a way to return to normal life where I cook my own meals and work hard during Wyatt naps.  Perhaps tomorrow?

2 Comments:

At April 4, 2013 at 5:31 PM , Blogger TakeMeThereTotes said...

Thanks for the trip update. Looks like you all had a great time with family. Great memories made.

 
At April 7, 2013 at 9:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can update the name, but can't stop giving us cute Wyatt pics. :) Love these ones!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home