Tuesday, April 23, 2013

My Worstest Post Partum Moment

I went to the doctor today and heard baby # 2s heartbeat.  Yay!  I feel a little guilty for not obsessing about this baby and thinking about the baby's future constantly.  With Wyatt, I don't think I thought of anything else.  With this bebe, I almost forget I am pregnant when I am not feeling too tired.  Anyways, bebe # 2 seems a bit more real thanks to some lub-dubs on the doppler.

This did remind me of my worst post partum moment (at least the one I would type about on the interwebs).  There are probably a few that are worse that should not be shown to the world.

So the hospital we delivered at had this mandatory child care class you have to go to before they allow you to go home.  Well, Hunter and I went.  It was probably 30 minutes or an hour long, but felt like 4 hours.  I was fighting tears for most of the the class.  Mostly from pain...we had to sit on hard metal folding chairs and I could barely move.   A big part of the tear fighting came from all these moms that were showing me up. 

I showed up to the class in my sorta clean doubled up hospital gowns (one on the front and one on the back).  I wore my flip flops.  I probably brushed my hair?  Not really sure.  EVERY other mom there had on makeup and cute jammies and and and if they weren't in jammies they were dressed like they were going out to lunch with their girly friends.  I didn't know it was that kind of party.  I thought we were all just trying to survive this thing.  I told myself the whole time that they all had regular deliveries and I was the only c-section and that was the reason it was ok for me to be an absolute mess and them to be put together.  I don't really know if this is true, and I don't really know if delivering the normal way gives you that much of an advantage but I was grasping for straws here. 

Having a c-section means you lay in a bed for something horrible like 24 hours after delivery with a catheter and these things that compress your legs and make you feel hot and itchy and ANGRY.  It also means you only get to have chicken broth for your first few meals.  I have no clue how your body feels after pushing a baby out, but I was in major pain after having a baby scraped/cut/pulled out.  When I was finally allowed to stand up and walk to the bathroom by my big girl self it was all fun and games until the pain meds wore off.  I couldn't even lift Wyatt out of his plastic crib on wheels without help.  Getting dressed...ha.  Makeup..bwah!  I don't think I even packed cute jammies.  Give me more pain pills puh-lease....my pride hurts!  I am skipping this class with baby #2.  Shouldn't we be allowed to?

Anyways, within a few days, all was well and I was living a normal life and my Wyatt was here and healthy and happy and I was hormonal and working on finding my groove.  Not important note...it did take about 6 months before I could do a full sit up.  I know not why....others on the interwebs complained about the same thing.  I was queen of the abs pre-pregnancy so was muy frustrated-o.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At April 24, 2013 at 5:46 AM , Blogger Courtney said...

Awww, that is aweful, but if I was there you would have felt like one of the ladies dressed for lunch! Or we could have had a pity party together. I was a mess and not b/c I had a c-section. I just didn't have a clue about how to care for a baby, didn't even know how to change a diaper :/ Thanfully I (we) caught on and my first is a healthy happy 6 year old!

 
At April 24, 2013 at 7:36 AM , Blogger Janet said...

Ha. I really could have used the company. Maybe I just picked the wrong time slot. 10:00 am is for advanced moms?

 
At April 25, 2013 at 10:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How exciting to get to hear the heartbeat!

That class is the craziest thing I've ever heard of. How can they expect that of you? You guys should definitely bail on it this time around. My hospital didn't have that requirement. So y'all should just move back here and deliver at Holmes. ;)

 
At April 28, 2013 at 8:19 PM , Blogger Janet said...

Tempting! Very tempting.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home