Sunday, June 23, 2013

Random Updates

Baby Calleigh is doing great and is even able to eat.  Yay!


I swore I would never ever buy a maternity swimsuit, but after trying on about 5 different combos two weekends ago and not fitting in any of them (including some of Hunter's clothes), I went to the Target and bought one.  AND I love it.  I have already worn it twice and I have an upcoming beach vacay.

Tarjay Model


I made a chicken pot pie with homemade pie crust (super easy) but then I pulled a complete opposite and put a can of cream of chicken soup in it.  It was delish!  Bake the crust on the bottom. Cook 2 stalks of celery, 1 carrot, 1/4 cup of onion, 1 can cream of chicken, refill the can with milk, thyme, salt n pepper, and 1.5ish cups shredded cooked chicken in a big dish.  Pour into baked crust.  Put other crust on top.  Cut holes.  Bake for another 20ish minutes.

Hunter caught a big ol red fish so I am going to attempt Redfish on the Half Shell tomorrow for dinner inspired by this recipe.  I am guessing it will take close to an hour based on the size.  The last time I tried cooking a huge red fish it was ick.  This fish better be good!

I THINK I have come up with a solution for the "does baby #2 get her own room since we will probably move when she is still really little" debate.  The answer is no. Our room has a little reading nook.  I have been researching "nursery nooks" on pinterest and I think this is going to work for us.  I am going to try room dividing curtains for a tiny bit of soundproofing and light blocking.  I think I can fit a small crib or pack n play and a little dresser that will double as a changer in the nook.  I am hoping for a small glider or rocker too.  Maybe one or two cutesy wall decors.  Easy and hopefully this satisfies any potential nesting and moving alot conflicts.  My current color plan is dark pink and aqua.  Check out my board here to see my likes.

Nursery nook example
 

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At June 24, 2013 at 7:19 AM , Blogger Courtney said...

Very cute and now I want pot pie!

 
At July 18, 2013 at 10:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope baby Calleigh is doing even better. Nursery nook is so cute. How far are you guys? Any pics? Any pics of your belly?

 
At July 21, 2013 at 10:04 PM , Blogger Janet said...

Pics soon, I promise!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home