Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Eat Gulf Seafood

Hunter and other fisher people probably already know what fish is in season in our area, but I don't really have a clue and have mostly bought frozen seafood in my lifetime.  When I went into the fish market the other week I just looked around and picked the big pretty snapper ($$$). 

I found some good resources for seafood in the Gulf of Mexico at http://www.eatgulfseafood.com/.   They site has a month by month calendar for all of the states on the gulf, but I prefer the big PDF file that contains all of the information found here

For Texas in the month of July, the following are at peak season:
  • Flounder
  • King Mackerel
  • Brown Shrimp
  • Pink Shrimp
  • White Shrimp
These are considered to be in season:
  • Black Drum
  • Blue Crab
  • Oysters
  • Snapper
I guess this means I need to try some flounder stuffed with blue crab.  I heart flounder...this I know.  Maybe we can get crazy this weekend and go crabbing?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home