Monday, July 15, 2013

July Meal Planning - Week 2

Week 1 Down.  Week 2 here we go.  We kicked off July meal planning with some gooood stuff.  Here are last week's eats.

Meatless Monday - Refrigerated cheese ravioli and clean out your fridge / freezer of veggies.  This included artichokes, olives, squash, and frozen peas.  Pour on some jar s'getti sauce and serve with a side salad.  
Fat Tuesday - Renamed to travel Tuesday.  I had to celebrate my nephew's 4th birthday party.
Slow Cooker Wednesday - This became fat Wednesday.  Thin, bone in pork chops with a mustard gravy sauce (you gotta try coarse grain mustard in your gravy - PW idea), rice, and some mixed veggies. 
Taco Thursday - Homesick Texan's Picadillo with homemade gorditas.  The gorditas took around 30 minutes to make but were really easy.  I will repeat the picadillo recipe.  One of the better flavored ground beef recipes I have had.
Fish Friday - Snapper purchased from the local market served with grilled corn, grilled tomatoes, and a salad.  The fish was good but not great and I paid a pretty penny.  I do feel oh so culinary as I have homemade fish stock in my freezer AND I made fish cakes with the leftovers.  Must peruse my John Besh cookbook for things to use fish stock for.  Maybe next fish friday??

Use a crab cake recipe and substitute fishy fish. :)

 
For today's meatless Monday, I plan to try to recreate my MIL's eggplant and stewed tomato pasta dish.  Eggplant plus garlic equals wonderful.  This is also one of those meals you can cook all day on your stove with minimal effort and have dinner ready without having to cook with a baby-toddler on your hip. 

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At July 15, 2013 at 7:50 PM , Blogger jamison said...

It is July :)

 
At July 15, 2013 at 10:09 PM , Blogger Janet said...

I live in the past obv! I can't believe with ALL of my readers only one person brought this to my attention. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home