Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Ramblings

39.5 weeks and trying to keep a positive attitude by expecting baby girl to never come.  I know she will be here within 2 weeks...hold on to that.  I have a Dr. appt tomorrow where I will probably get a no progress report but I am anxiously awaiting that appointment.  She will give me a deadline.  Perform now for VBAC attempt or we schedule your c-section on MM/DD/YYYY. 

I managed to take out the recycle today and put Crock Pot Creamy Chicken Tortilla soup on. I am a tortilla soup snob so I am not sure if this one will be a hit, but at least there are chicken thighs in it. And at least I will not have to attempt to cook dinner this evening.  I am thinking we are going to chick fil a for lunch.

I already instagrammed this, but you should definitely make sweet potato irish nachos by Skinnytaste.  Then you should definitely add leftover steak fajita meat, jalapenos and cayenne pepper. 


Of all the things that could bother a pregnant lady, you know what is my worst problem right now? Carpel tunnel.  How lame is that.  This was the number one keeper awaker at night but I bought the little wrist brace and life is much better.  This problem should go away after I have the baby and depuffify.  

I don't sleep very well these days (see carpal tunnel).  You know what I do instead?  I shop.  Ugh.  I find all kinds of cute clothes and things that I can't use any time soon because I am up about 50 lbs.  Bwah ha!  I did buy some shoes.  Not just any shoes.  $175 ballet flats.  I thought Hunter would go nuts when I told him.  He was all "do you like them?"  "are they comfy" "thats ok". 

I have never spent that much money on any shoes, and it seems kinda silly to spend that much on ballet shoes but I NEEDED something to wear once I can't wear flip flops every day.  And canvas Toms get dirty too fast when walking around outside or at the playground.  And ballet flats are the most blister giving, non supporting, uncomfortable shoes evah.  Not these babies. I bought the Clover Green Tieks.  And I can wear them with no breaking in at 9 months pregnant.  Tested and approved.



I also have a subscription box addiction.  I mostly read about them and don't order them, but be warned everyone with an upcoming birthday.  You will be getting some of my faves (glossybox, popsugar musthave, etc, etc).

Off to log some hours at work...better strap on my wrist brace.

I welcome all distractions now.  Now is the time to send funny emails, good recipes, and pictures of your life.  I would love to think about anything aside from not having this baby yet.  :)



4 Comments:

At October 25, 2013 at 9:29 AM , Blogger Courtney said...

Good luck! Excited for you and your family. I have nothing exciting to share, lol! It seems like everwhere I turn people are having babies or pregnant!

 
At October 25, 2013 at 11:34 AM , Blogger Janet said...

Thanks. All these pregos need somebody around them to stay fit and motivated!

 
At November 2, 2013 at 10:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you work enough hours to qualify for maternity leave? Fingers crossed you did! Nothing better than getting paid to snuggle your baby.

 
At November 6, 2013 at 4:30 AM , Blogger Janet said...

I didn't qualify. Just means I have no obligation to return early but they have offered for me to come back anytime. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home