Monday, October 28, 2013

She Is Here!

Kate Elizabeth arrived at 3:47 AM on 10/26/2013.







On Friday afternoon, I was outside watching Wyatt play and mentally preparing myself for one more week or so of pregnancy and then POOF (or drip if we wanna get technical)...it was time to go to the hospital!

We had some heart rate tricks during this labor, and the nurses started preparing C Section paperwork, but we pulled through for a successful VBAC.  I am so very blessed to have had an easy labor and delivery and a healthy baby girl. 

I have quickly learned how often I refer to Wyatt with masculine nicknames.  I keep calling Kate "buddy".   I am working on using Mrs. Buddy or finding a better way to talk to my lil girl.  She resembles Aunt Jemima (in the cutest way possible)...ha ha! We are home from the hospital and working on resting while the families keep my buddy Wyatt.





Big brother isn't quite sure what to think of Mrs. Buddy/Aunt Jemima/Kate yet.  At the hospital, he had a few funny statements.   "What's that one?" while pointing at Kate and "He has no teeth".  Big cousin said "she doesn't have arms yet?" since they swaddle them up so tight.  Something to giggle about.

I am off to relax and await the next feeding.  Moo-Hoo!  Can't wait to take some more pictures...and some naps.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At October 30, 2013 at 8:35 AM , Blogger Courtney said...

so sweet

 
At November 2, 2013 at 10:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! She's perfect. A little doll. We're so happy for you guys and that everything went so well.

Nicknames are a hard one. I've been thinking on this, but have little to offer. Bambina, bugaboo, little lady, lovey, lovebug, pumpkin, Kit Kate. Aunt Jeminia is my favorite though.

Hugs!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home