Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Hello Followers

Happy new year! I am waiting a few more minutes so I can wake up Kate and feed her...so we can maximize our night time sleepy sleepy.  I decided to write this lovely post instead of stare at the tv and count down the minutes.

My vacation is over as of today since Hunter goes back to work tomorrow. I am spoiled rottenish.  Now I have to get kid #1 at 7:00 AM instead of sleeping until kid#2 wakes up.  Kid #2 is technically only waking me up once at night most of the time because I don't count 5:00-6:00 AM wake ups.  Pretty tolerable. 

We had a great Christmas! Lots of family time.  We just don't know where to fit all of the new gifts.  We hid a bunch of them in the closet so I can pull out new toys on a day where I need to buy some time or happiness. Our new year was pretty crazy too.  I had about 3 sips of champagne before I got grossed out and then tucked myself into bed around 11:00.  I got to watch the last 2 minutes of the Aggie football game with all kids asleep. And a win!

I took advantage of Hunter being home and went out for 3 runs over the past week or two.  The lungs and heart feel great.  The legs get tired.  I was sore, but could walk the next day.  I signed up to play in a high school alumni basketball game this Saturday and I am scared I will pass out trying to sprint up and down the court. I did run 5 sprints yesterday in preparation for the event.  I call that a pretty good training plan don't you?  I will need someone to step in and play the role of mom on sunday because I will probably not be physically able to.

I need to write a post about some of the awesome gifts we received for Christmas.  We have been doing some cooking with our new kitchen gadgets:
  • Prime rib soup pho style - had to use up some leftover prime rib and used the bones to make a good broth. Pretty tastay.
  • We cooked an 8 lb ham (sammies, quiche, omelettes).
  • We made brussell sprouts, green beans, collard greens, mustard greens, and black eyed peas. 
  • Skillet pizza

I have not made any new years resolutions.  I am debating on when I start my part time job again.  Kate is 9 weeks.  I should probably start that but it seems too fast.

Time to wake the sleeping baby so this mama can sleep.  Nighty night.

2 Comments:

At January 2, 2014 at 12:11 AM , Blogger LauraLowe said...

As much as I would like you to be back on IM ASAP, don't go back yet. If I learned anything from my 6 months on my couch (ha) it's that you don't get the chance to completely not care about work very often or for very long ;)

 
At January 2, 2014 at 4:39 AM , Blogger Janet said...

Completely not caring is the best!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home