Thursday, February 13, 2014

Breakfast Hacks

Here are a few breakfast items that I make in advance so that I have to put forth zero effort in the morning and I don't have to eat cereal.  I loathe cereal.  Eating cereal actually makes me hungrier!  Cereal consumption causes intense carnivorous daydreams.  I start looking around for meatballs or want to bust out last nights pot roast for breakfast.  Fact..in high school I ate leftover meatloaf frequently.  Ha ha!

Idear number 1:  Make a big ol batch of breakfast taquitos like these , cool completely, freeze, and then pop them in the oven for about 20 minutes in the morning.  They are a bit dried out so they need a dipping sauce (salsa, chipotle sour cream, avocado).  I haven't found a way to make these with corn tortillas and keep them crispy.  Flour tortillas work nicely. 

Idear number 2: Overnight oatmeal.  I have tried crock pot oatmeal and it was disgusting.  This recipe has you put oats and milk in the fridge overnight.  When you wake up, you stir in greek yogurt.  I added honey and granola.  I really liked this cold oatmeal. I guess its kinda like cereal but whatever. It was good and I wasn't starving in an hour.

Idear number 3: Green smoothies that you make in bulk and freeze into individual sized freezer bags. The night before you want one, but the bag into the fridge.  The smoothie will be mostly thawed.  Just squish it around in the bag to finish the job.  I found this guide for green smoothies that is perfect.  I went with coconut water, spinach, the big ol mixed frozen fruit, coconut oil, and honey.  Deelicious.  I usually scarf down a cheese string or something silly like that with it.  I don't really know what to eat with smoothies but I know smoothies aren't enough.


Wyatt loves all three of these.  I also found Wyatt licking the trash can yesterday so use your own judgment for his meal recommendations.  Any of yous guys have any quick non cereal breakfast ideas?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home