Monday, February 24, 2014

Just Checkin In

So last night sometime between 7:00 PM and 10:00 PM Kate outgrew her 3 month jammies because I couldn't snap her back into them.  I busted out 6 month clothes today.  So strange for me to have a normal sized baby. 

The stuff Wyatt comes up with these days is insane.  I don't know if he makes it up or learns this stuff at preschool from some 2 year olds under the fluence of fermented juice.  He told me with a straight face. Hear that? That's elephants knocking on the door.

Kate stretched her optimal awake time from 1 hourish to 2 hourish in a matter of a week or two causing a very confused mama. We had to suffer through a week with lots of short naps and grumpy baby, but I think we have adjusted and are back to good naps.  Oops. Rule number 1. Never talk about good naps.

I am still pressure cookering and I love it.  About ready to retire my crock pot even though it does a great job of making minimal effort dry and overcooked chicken and roasts. Made this carne guisada recipe tonight...next time going to triple it.

Kate is running for number 1 kiddo since she enjoys going on runs in the stroller.  Yeahhhhh!   She happily rode along and even napped at 3 months of age while Wyatt screamed in a jogging stroller until 6 months of age.  Also, Kate always always wakes up happy from a nap no matter how short and Wyatt always cry-waked until 18 months.  I guess this makes up for never being happy when we leave the house a teensy weensy bit.  She is doing much better though.  I am reentering the real world again (Target, playgrounds, Chick Fil A).

Work is sucking the life out of me.  Sorry for my lack of posts.  Sorry this is the best post you will get for  while.  I am sooo behind.  My house is sooo messy.  I am sooo tired.  But I am sooo happy. I fluctuate between really wanting to go back to work full time and contribute as a non-mom and quitting my job so I can enjoy a little free / me / cleaning time. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home