Friday, June 26, 2015

Five Fact Friday

1. Remember how much I love the Wen cleansing conditioner but the price stopped me from repeat purchasing?  Well, now Herbal Essence has a copy cat.  You can buy it on Amazon for around $5 a bottle. I am happy with the results, but the smell could be better. It is a bit medicinal.

2. I am sort of anti sunscreen.  I mean obviously I am about sun protection and blocking the skin cancer, but I cannot handle the sunscreen on my face. The burning. The breakouts. The chemicals even. I have turned into a hat girl. UNTIL..a friend sold me some of her Soothe Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30 by Rodan +Fields.  Now, she sold me this for $15 and it is usually $45 so I am really going to have to debate about a repeat purchase but this feels so good. And it doesn't stink. And it doesn't burn. And it works. I could even say I enjoy putting it on in the morning.
 
3. I have done 2 more weeks of Blue Apron (3 total). I couldn't stop myself.  Yes, the price is expensive, but I had 2 busy weeks and to my door and fun recipes and pre measured could not be beat.  We made the Salmon Po Boy Sandwiches with Remoulade and the Calzones this week.  Hunter has been happy with all 6 meals I have cooked.  I have too.  They are easy to modify and make kid friendly.  I am going to exercise self control and skip the next few weeks and do my own grocery shopping and meal planning.

4. I was getting myself all pumped up to do some "school" type of activities from home for the month of August because Wyatt doesn't have school that month and I am dreading how I am going to get my work done.  So I went off researching activities, and I came across this home schooling mom website that had an article that I randomly read. The article is titled "What Curriculum Should I Use for My 4 Year Old".  And it made me check myself.  Settle down. You are already doing the things you should be doing.  Just have fun.  Don't be all school up in his face. Whew.  Ok. Relax. I won't be printing out little packets for Wyatt. To summarize...

eschoolmom.com/what-curriculum-should-i-use-for-my-4-year-old/#sthash.ap3LLoeg.dpuf
  • Read to your child
  • Play with Legos
  • Go for a walk
  • Go to the library
  • Walk in the woods
  • Visit museums
  • Go to the zoo
  • Play at the park or in the back yard
  • Play with maps
  • Play with Playdoh
  • Play dress up
  • Play games
  • Listen to him
Halleluiah, I do these things just about every week so we are doing something the same as this lady and maybe even right?  Now, go play your legos so I can get my work done Wyatt!!!!! 

5. My nephew came to visit us for a few days this week.  So far we have made ice cream, played outside, destroyed the house, splashed in the kiddie pool, busted $10 of water balloons in 5 minutes, gone on walks and bike rides and gator rides, visited a splash pad, eaten popsicles, watched a minecraft video or 3(this is all new to me), done some toy bickering, and had a fabulous time.
The only pic of all 3 because I haven't had as much time to be on my phone with 3 around.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home