Friday, June 5, 2015

Five Fact Friday

1. All right stop, collaborate and listen. Ice is back with a brand new invention ......ICED ICED COFFEE.  I, the non coffee drinker, am totally obsessed with iced coffee.  Or iced lattes. I am not sure what the correct terminology is.  Half coffee (sometimes decaf because I am silly like that), half milk, and a tablespoon of some sort of flavor.  My current fave is Amaretto/almond syrup.  How Sweet Eats has 4 DIY flavors so I used her almond recipe. I would like to try some of her other flavors.  Next week perhaps.  When I need to be healthier, I just pour in some almond extract and a tiny bit of Stevia (the only non sugar sweetener I can sorta tolerate) instead of the syrupy syrup.   The cold brew coffee method is necessary. Or you just use Hunter's gourmet coffee leftovers. Or I suppose you can settle for Starbucks or local coffee shop if you are into that kind of thing.  I am not sure how long this coffee love phase will last, but here I am.

2. So most of you know, I sorta accidentally published a swimsuit try on pic to Facebook.  I have mostly recovered from this.  I was really truly horrified when it happened.  Like my body felt like it had been crying all day.  My heart rate was up.  I was super embarrassed. I consider myself to be a moderately tech savvy person, but I took a try on pic to send to a friend and my kids or my butt posted that pic to facebook.  The side of the suit had these lace up things to add some sexiness, and I felt like I could not pull this look off.  I had my undies on underneath the swim suit, no hair done, no sucking in, just raw real life swim suit try on.  One of my friends called me to discuss this later on that day (I heard from soo many people) and had me laughing so hard I started crying.  They so perfectly described my morning of just wanting to find a nice suit to look good in while my kids were running around and crying and sorta eating breakfast.  They challenged me to put it up and own it and be proud because that is life and things could be much worse and all that...so I did.  I let it gooooooo.  Let it goooo. I submitted my story to a Fashion Blog that I follow that actually recommended moms to wear this suit.  I submitted it for 2 reasons.....1. can you imagine many things worse than accidentally publishing a swimsuit selfie and 2. life be crazy, be sorta happy with your life, and your body and all that good stuff. 
     Well, the comments I got from friends and the comments I got from strangers were just so kind and uplifting, I can't even describe them.  It was so much more than the "blah blah you look nice".  I can't really describe it, but I need to save all of the comments and come back and read them when I am feeling blue.  It was like kindness pouring out of people and of course everyone checking their phones to see what pics their kids could accidentally publish too.  You may read my horribly embarrassing story here if you would like to.  If you would like to read the comments, you will find that Angela has a much worse story than I do, and she handled it like a rock star.  #swimsuitselfie #atleastitwasntanudie

3. I have perfected a grapefruit smoothie.   Makes 2. Freeze one. Let it thaw over night and have the next day. 
  • 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1 grapefruit segmented
  • 6 strawberries
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
  • 6 ice cubes
 4. Kate and her accessories.  She just really really loves shoes, hats, other wearable items.  Check this outfit out.  She WANTED to wear her life jacket.  She REFUSED to let me put shorts on.  She WANTED to wear her winter boots that are too small.   She WANTED to play in the front yard. So we did. And fun was had by all.  And the neighbors can have more things to laugh about and discuss
5. Our summer break so far...





Labels:

1 Comments:

At June 5, 2015 at 7:55 AM , Blogger TakeMeThereTotes said...

Good to hear this report that all is going forward fairly smoothly at funfiveminutesago. Yay for iced coffee!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home