Friday, April 17, 2015

Five Fact Friday

1. Have you seen the mom rant about being sold too much shtuff from online facebook parties?  That drama sparked this article titled Nails, Mascara, and Other Reasons I Won't Unfriend You On Facebook. I think it is an interesting perspective, and am hoping all my friends and family can forgive me for selling them so much stuff at my online facebook parties.  I am not sure how I got into all these things.  Apparently this is a SAHM thing.  Perhaps it makes me feel informed, and that I have important opinions, and I stay current with jewelery, makeup, and nail trends because welllll my 3 year old and 1 year old don't care about my opinions.  Perhaps it is easier to buy everything online than actually try to take your chilluns to a store.  Perhaps it is just stinkin fun to spend money and see pics of your friends trying new products. 

2. One of my friends asked me if there is any food I don't eat.  I had to think long and hard about foods that I don't like. I came up with my list.  Goat cheese, blue cheese, and turnips.  I think of myself as a bit of a foodie, so I am surprised that I can't get into goat cheese and blue cheese buuuuuttt I can't.

3. I think I am growing into my mom role finally.  I am getting better at playing put the sock on, take the sock off, my foot, your foot. I just played put the cup lid on and take it off for 30 minutes with Kate and I didn't even mind it.  We went on a walk this morning and she pushed her tiny baby stroller for 5 minutes. Then it turned into mommy push me in the tiny baby stroller and hurt your back for 30 minutes.  I enjoyed it. I am literally getting up right this moment to change a poopie diaper. I am still in a good mood and these are the highlights of the morning.  I used to want to poke my eye out when this was my morning.  Yayyy me.  I knew I could do it.
4. I really struggle to make friends with and chat up other SAHMs. Here are the similar interests I have...shopping at Target, ordering off of Amazon, online facebook parties, and keeping kids alive.  Here are the differences I have...everything.   Or maybe my shyness and awkwardness always wins.  Or maybe I can't ever hang out with them because I don't skip naps or miss bedtime appointments.  And you know there was a rumor out there that I was pro cry it out so I'm on the naughty mommy list.  ;)

5. Apparently I am in a dip mood because I pinned Sun Dried Tomato Dip and Dill Pickle Dip. And how does mushroom ceviche sound?

Go forth and enjoy your weekend.  And eat something delicious.  And maybe lift some weights. Or go on a bike ride.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home