Tuesday, August 21, 2012

How To Shower With a Toddler On The Prowl

I have been working on editing some photos of our trip to Miami and was hoping that could be my next post but I haven't made time yet.

The show (aka the blog) must go on. I went to my first meet up with some other mom's from Mom's Run This Town today. I have been in the conversations with all the moms but never actually went to a group run. With a two a day napper none of the times really work out with our schedule. They are all balancing school drop offs and other big kid things like that. Anyways, I threw the schedule out the door this morning and committed to a run. I had to drive about 20 mins for this one. It was awesome to talk with adults and be out "running" but I was a little disappointed in the casualness....mostly because I have the self induced pressure of next nap and they were enjoying their day. We did about 5 mins of running, 20 mins of walking, and 20 mins of socializing. Add that to 40 mins of driving and Wyatt was done for. By done for I mean cried all the way home except for the last 2 mins where he slept and then wouldn't nap at home. I got a free BondiBand out of it. And a teeny tiny bit of running. I was hoping for more running! Will try a few other times after I forget how bad days are without naps and how disappointed I am that people want to have fun instead of run.

After nap fail, I decided to shower while he was awake so here is what you have all been waiting for.

How To Shower With A Toddler On the Prowl:

Haul all of the good toys into the bathroom (plastic bottles, tupperware, noise toys).
Haul all of the bad toys out of the bathroom (plunger, toilet scrubber, toilet paper).
Shut the bathroom door with toddler inside.
Start shower and step in. Prepare to relax.
Prepare to un-relax.
Hold sliding shower door closed with one hand while washing face and shampooing.
Release shower door to rinse hair.
Allow toddler to enter shower fully clothed and play in shower.
Block most of water from toddler with body.
Complete shower.
Strip toddler of clothes and diaper.
Towel both you and toddler dry. Success!

Pleaze 4give myy typeos. I wrote this on my phon while Wyatt was not naping and I was not woking.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At August 21, 2012 at 5:20 PM , Blogger TakeMeThereTotes said...

Oh how I laughed at this one!

 
At September 2, 2012 at 9:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg! I find this hysterical! I love that Collin is always a few weeks behind Wyatt on everything! At least you haven't been locked in yet. ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home