Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Meatloaf, Smeatloaf, Double-beatloaf

Does anyone else quote the line from A Christmas Story when they eat meatloaf?  "Meatloaf, Smeatloaf, Double-beatloaf. I hate Meatloaf!"  Lies...I actually dig meatloaf.  I like to say this one ALMOST as much as I like to quote The Sandlot.

"This pop isn't workin', Benny! I'm bakin' like a toasted cheeseer!"

Meatloaf muffins with mashed potato frosting are a brilliant idea. Those that know me, know I can't do cute and crafty, and mine came out almost picture worthy.   This recipe inspired me. I was looking for a recipe that Wyatt would like and this one was perfect with ground turkey and zucchini and not too many spices.   I subbed oatmeal for bread crumbs to keep it gluten free (just one more week).



Not in the mood for cute muffin meatloaf?  Try this recipe.  The garlic croutons crushed up add some great flavor.  This one is tastier but less kiddie friendly and takes more time.

I have to get pumped about doing P-90X hour anda half yoga.  I dread doing this one because it takes soooo long.  Olympic watching last night allowed me to get some extra work hours in so I can "slack off" today. 

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At August 11, 2012 at 4:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a fan of dinners that look like desserts!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home