Monday, July 30, 2012

Olympic Fevah

I am busy watching the Olympics so I can't be bothered to blog about real cutting edge, important stuff like what Wyatt is doing or what I am cooking.  So sorry to my loyal readers....chuckle!

So about the Olympics....

Ummm...what? I couldn't follow the opening ceremony.  Some history, some kids in hospital beds, the Queen jumping out of a plane, Mr. Bean playing the keyboard. I was only half way paying attention so maybe I missed some key parts.

I despise how the media keeps playing up Michael Phelps as a disappointment.  Haters gon' hate.   "This race really sets the tone for the rest of the Olympics"...aka all of the failures he will see.  He took time off.  He is trying for a comeback.  Ryan Lochte is doing great.  Well deserved.  Still...I can't handle the talk about Phelps and how disappointed he should be.

You should follow Usain Bolt on Instagram.  His photos are hilar because they are all about him trying to look like a killah.

Exhibit A


The US Gymnastics qualifying day was heartbreaking.  Poor Jordyn Wieber.  I can't imagine working so hard your whole life for a goal and missing it by so little.  I hope she feels proud of what she has done. She is not going to the All Around competition and is not competing in any individual events either. Here is the list of who qualified for what events.



Have you seen Phelps' Olympic badge photo?  Also, hilarious.  The cruel joke is he wins a gold medal for the worst photo.



Even if TV rots a babe's brain, I must push forward and keep the TV on everyday for the next 15 days.  Wyatt will understand.  He knows when you push on the remote to look at the TV.  Me laugh.  

Sorry to all of the random websites that I borrowed the images from.  I only have 10 readers, so don't worry about me stealing your fame or fortune.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At July 30, 2012 at 8:09 AM , Blogger LauraLowe said...

Did Phelps wake up that morning (ok, let's be honest - late afternoon?) and go "sure, what the hell, I'll go to the Olympics this year"?

 
At July 30, 2012 at 8:41 PM , Blogger Courtney said...

You're hysterical! I tagged you in my latest post. I hope you don't mind! http://somanymilessolittletime.blogspot.com/
It's for the Liebster awards. BTW, do you have a FB page?

 
At July 30, 2012 at 10:06 PM , Blogger Janet said...

Thanks! You are sweet. Looking forward to responding. Liebster ehhh? I do have a FB page...although just a personal one..not a blog one (see # of readers). https://www.facebook.com/janet.m.edmondson

 
At July 30, 2012 at 10:07 PM , Blogger Janet said...

Best comment! That is probably exactly how it went down.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home