Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Some New Food Ideas

Mix instant espresso (decaf or caf) into your Greek Yogurt.  I bought Cafe Bustelo.  This may only be enjoyable for people like me that don't really like coffee...they just like the idea of the flavor.

Slice your chicken breasts in half lengthwise to make them skinnier and cook faster.  Once they are cooked, use chicken broth, wine, or cream to make a pan sauce.   PW has an excellent mustard cream sauce for her chicken. 

Make a salad with arugula (I love), the sharpest cheddar cheese you can find, sliced peaches, and some roasted pecans.  I have been enjoying Brianna's Real French Vinaigrette.   I think this salad was inspired by a magazine I got in the mail, but I can't remember which one.

Cook your whole cut-up chicken the way this recipe describes. The whole recipe was good, but the chicken was great!  Must repeat.  

In other news, I have decided to try a gluten-free diet for one month in hopes that it will help to clear up my face.  Acne has been such a pest for me for the past few years.  I am 31 years old...geeeze Loise! Since a large part of my family has been diagnosed with Celiac disease or has seen a major improvement in their life since giving it up, there is a small chance it can help.  Surprisingly, I have not had to change what I eat very much YET.  I am only a week in.  Does that mean it won't help?  Maybe.  Anything is worth a try!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At July 11, 2012 at 9:10 AM , Blogger jacque said...

Drew told me about a fun little gluten free place at the Cape if you're up for an adventure! (I'll have to ask him again what it's called...)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home