Thursday, June 28, 2012

Medicine Dropper Help

I am stumped. The medicine bottle for Wyatt's antibiotic is tall and the dropper is NOT tall and the medicine bottle opening is narrow and the dropper is NOT narrow.  How do I get 2.5mL of medicine into the dropper?   I tried tilting it horizontally. I tried overfilling it with lots of air and pushing out the excess. I tried jumping on one leg. I tried with my left hand. I even tried looking on the Internet.  Nobody has an answer (or I am using the wrong search words). The best solution I could come up with was to pour the medicine into a small tupperware so the syringe can get close enough.  Mamas, help me out.  Is there not a better way?


Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At June 28, 2012 at 6:56 PM , Blogger TakeMeThereTotes said...

If the dropper was provided by the pharma company, I would call them and let them know the issue you are having with the dropper provided. If the dropper was provided by the store who filled the prescription, I would let them know it is not working and get one that works with medicine bottle. Last option would be to check with a store like Walgreen's to see if they sell a medicine dropper that will meet your need. Hope this helps. Sounds like you have been creative in finding a way though to give him his medicine.

 
At June 28, 2012 at 11:30 PM , Blogger Elena said...

I agree with Kee... and it sounds to me like human error (someone packed the wrong dropper).

 
At June 29, 2012 at 2:16 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

When Jasper got his teeth pulled they provided two droppers: a big one to get the medicine out and then a smaller one you measure the actual medicine with. You put the smaller one in the big one to dispense. I know Wyatt is not a dog, but maybe they give medicine the same way?

 
At June 29, 2012 at 10:31 AM , Blogger Colleen said...

I would use a medicine cup (not sure the technical name) instead of the dropper. Our baby will drink from that just fine :)

 
At July 1, 2012 at 1:15 PM , Blogger Janet said...

Yes, the cup is like a toy so most of the medicine does go down. Suprise, suprise!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home