Thursday, July 5, 2012

Sad News...Today is NOT Sunday

Was anyone else confused by the mid week holiday?  I kept trying to plan our Sunday.  Sad news...it is only Thursday.  We enjoyed our 4th, did you?  I narrowed down my hot dog toppings to one with sharp cheddar, a slice of bacon and 1/4 of a large avocado and one with sharp cheddar, red onion, and coarse dijon mustard.  I cannot pick a winner!  To finish off our healthy hot dog lunch, we had rhubarb cobbler.  I used a recipe I got from my mom that we usually use peaches or blueberries in.

Easy Cobbler Recipe
Ingredients:
1/2 Cup Butter
1 Cup Self Rising Flour
2 Cups Sugar, Divided
1 Cup Milk
4 Cups Fruit (sliced peaches, berries, etc)
Instructions:
Melt butter in a 13x9 dish. Combine flour, 1 cup sugar, and milk. Mix well and pour over melted butter. Do not stir. Combine fruit and remaining cup of sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Pour over batter. Do not stir. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until brown.

Since I did P90X (Core Synergistics DVD) and it was a holiday, we had dessert after dinner too.

Here is an easy recipe for Homemade Magic Shell (a deeelightful ice cream topping).  We topped Blue Bell's new Strawberry Pie ice cream with it.

Today I am having water for breakfast, salad for lunch, and hot tea for dinner.   Kidding, kidding.  I am making PW's Pot Roast for dinner.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At July 5, 2012 at 9:54 AM , Blogger jamison said...

Rhubarb! From the folks who made fun of my love for rhubarb? Glad you joined me on the other side. Sucks to be working on Sunday doesn't it? :)

 
At July 5, 2012 at 9:53 PM , Blogger LauraLowe said...

if you mail me some magic shell, i'll mail you some cake pops ;)

 
At July 8, 2012 at 10:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had the same disappointment on Thursday. I thought we were the only ones!

I'm looking forward to trying this cobbler recipe!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home