Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Liebster Award

Courtney, at So Many Miles, So Little Time nominated me for a Liebster Award.  Isn't she sweet?  She is a mom, works full time, writes a blog, and is a runner in VA.  She is currently fighting an injury so lets all hope that she recovers quickly so she can get back to doing what she loves!  I stumbled across her blog as part of the Moms Run This Town organization

So what is a Liebster Award say you?  A Liebster Award is a way for bloggers who are "small", less than 200 followers, to let each other know about one another. It’s a way to spread the info, share the wealth, and increase the followers.  I would say my blog falls into the Extra Small category. 



So, there are rule that must be followed to "elegantly receive" this award... here goes.

1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Then answer the questions the tagger sent for them, plus create 11 questions for the people they’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Notify the people you have tagged. 

5. No tag backs.

Looks like a chain letter, right?  I find random questions fun so I will continue. 


Part Uno - 11 Things About Me:

1. Files on a computer, calendar organization, To Do lists, and address books MUST be in order, but my house can be in total disarray and I won't be bothered.
2. I read books to fall asleep.  It is my crutch.  That means I travel with either a big stack of books or a Kindle, a Kindle charger, and book lights at all times. 
3. Basketball is my favorite sport to play and I even like it more than running.
4. Ironing is my least favorite chore.
5. I don't like lamb.
6. My favorite hairstyle is the ponytail.
7. My showering sequence is face, shampoo, conditioner (don't rinse), shave (optional), soap, rinse conditioner.  Boring...I know.  When I am stressed, I can't remember if I used shampoo so I double up.
8. I always pick the fruit desserts (cobbler) over chocolate desserts.
9. I can't pick a music identity.  I like too many genres.
10. I wish I was a good photographer.
11. I have 4 screws in my bod (2 knee, 1 wrist, 1 dental implant).


Part Dos - Answer Questions from So Many Miles, So Little Time:
1. Have you ever been on a blind date?  No.  I married my high school sweetums.
2. If you could be any of the Fresh Beat Band members, who would you be and why? (If you don't know who the FBB is then you are WAY to cool for my blog.)  I had to google Fresh Beat Band and I saw it was TV related so of course I live in oblivion.  I would like to remind my readerst that I am not too cool.
3. Are you a righty or a lefty? Righty-o
4. Do you have a pre-race routine and if so what is it?  Over analyze, have my Garmin loaded way to early (I will hover on the start button for 15 mins), count my GUs, stress, try to listen to the race announcer, over analyze, stress, focus on breathing.  Sounds peaceful, right? :)
5. Have you ever stopped to ummm, go number one in the woods on a long run?  Yes, but there are no woods in the hill country in San Antonio.  You hope for a tree. 
6. Can you ice skate?  Yes, but I prefer roller baby. 
7. What is your chosen profession? Software engineer / Stay at Home Mom
8. What is one of your favorite non-running blogs? Camp Patton...I love her sarcasm, wit, and pictures.
9. Have you ever been to Las Vegas, and if so did you do something that should stay in Vegas? I went to Vegas once..I was about 5 months pregnant so it was "Off the Hooooook".  I was in bed by 11:00 every night and had a sip or two of Hunter's beer. 
10. Please share the answer to # 9! (if you haven't been to Vegas would you go?) Ummm...while I was there we rode the Deuce without paying (by accident).  That is about as crazy as it got. 
11. What is your favorite book or book series? I really like the Psychic Eye Series by Victoria Laurie for a quick read. 

11 Questions for my Peeps to Answer (I am not going to spend much time on this because I am not sure how many people I can nominate and I am not sure if they will have time to respond).
1. What is your favorite online recipe? 
2. Would you rather watch golf or NASCAR?
3. What is your favorite gas station food/drink purchase on a road trip?
4. Do you ride the rides at carnivals, theme parks, etc?
5. What movie should I add to my Netflix queue?
6. Are you a Phelps or a Lochte fan?  If you have no idea who I am talking about, make up your own question.
7. Favorite side dish at Thanksgiving?
8. Please share one of your favorite bloggers so I can add them to my ginormous list.
9. Would you rather have a maid or a chef?
10. What is your favorite vacation spot?
11. What did you want to be when you "grew up"?

Part Tres - Pick Some Bloggers to bestow the Liebster Award upon

Ladies, feel free to break the chain.  I just love answering the questions. :)


The Florida Family - Disney expert and busy mom!  Some recipes too.

The Gilliam Family - Cute baby pictures and a very patient and loving momsy! The first person I was able to call a friend when I moved here.  Lucky me!

Umm..that is pretty much all of the people that read my blog that might appreciate this precious award I am bestowing.  My stalking is definitely one way and out of control! :) 



 



Labels:

2 Comments:

At August 1, 2012 at 11:08 AM , Blogger Courtney said...

Thanks for playing along and for the get well wishes! As always you make me laugh! I am going to check out Camp Patton and the book series! :)

 
At August 11, 2012 at 3:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out! If I can figure it out, I'm going to use it as a recommendation like on book covers. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home