Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Best Tuna Fish Sandwich I Ever Et

I know what you are thinking.  Tuna fish from a can?  Ick, smelly, boo. Sometimes I have those same thoughts but sometimes it's just a "bad tuna fish day".... sort of like a "bad hair day". 

I made the best tuna fish sandwich I have ever had yesterday.  Maybe I was super hungry because I worked out two days in a row (ha!).  Maybe I was not going to settle for a peanut butter banana sandwich again. 

Here is the recipe.  Make it.  I dare ya.

The Best Tuna Fish Sandwich I Ever Et:
1 can of tuna in water.
1 celery stalk diced
1 or 2 dill pickles diced depending on the size
1 heaping teaspoon of Grey Poupon Harvest Coarse Ground mustard - this is the magic ingredient...do not substitute
Enough mayo to make it creamy. I know..I don't like mayo either, but you have to have something to make it creamy and I wasn't feeling the yogurt. I am thinking I put 1.53 Tbs (approximately).
Mix all the ingredients up and add salt and pepper.
Cut open a croissant (this may also be why it was the best ever), put 2 pieces of lettuce on the bottom, top with a big pile of tuna fish mixture, and sprinkle pepperoncini slices on the top.
Deee-licious!

Magic Ingredient - Grey Poupon Harvest Coarse Mustard


 Have no fear.  I have not had to break into my hurricane supply of tuna yet.  When I do, I will be sure to make this sandwich mucho dias. 

And now onto my daily dose of whining.  I have discovered this week that I am tired of cleaning up the Wyatt, the high chair, and the floor after every snack and meal. It is big business.  With 3 meals and 2 snacks, I calculate about 35 minutes of cleaning up a day and this does not include dishes and food prep.  While internally grumbling about this yesterday after dinner (clean up # 5), my mood was lifted when Wyatt picked up a washcloth (one of his favorite toys) and began to scrub his high chair too.  Lol..I will try to remember that he is learning by watching and put on my positive attytude. 

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At August 15, 2012 at 8:56 AM , Blogger TakeMeThereTotes said...

Must try...big fan of spicy mustards. Great post

 
At September 2, 2012 at 12:03 PM , Blogger SDub said...

Haha it's the start of Wyatt learning chores! I'm so proud he's starting his training early ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home