Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Random-ness

I bought some navy skinny ankle pants because I needed more clothes that matched maroon.  I have the Texas A&M Toms, and I can't find much to wear them with.

I can't ever figure out what kind of shoes to wear with skinny ankles or crop pants.  The Gardener's Cottage happened to post a how to wear jeans picture recently.  I am not sure about the rolling of the pants...hmmmm.

I can't wait to try this Jalapeno Popper Chicken Chili...even though I am not really a fan of chicken chili.  Bring on the beef!

I am almost done reading Isaac's Storm, a book about the Galveston Hurricane of 1900.  I had no idea it was so horrible.  Apparently Houston and Galveston were in major competition to be the next big city, and this storm blew Galveston out of the running.  Somewhere between 6,000 and 12,000 people lost their life.  So many people were drowned in the 2nd story of their house.  An entire orphanage was wiped out aside from a few lucky kids. A train full of people drowned.  People were stranded in trees hanging on for dear life fighting for a space in the tree along with snakes.  Eek.  I am scarred by the book.  If you would like to read more of the facts, check out the wikipedia page.  The weather service learned so much from this hurricane.

I drank some chamomile tea before I ran today because I read that it is a natural beta blocker.  I was going to see if it helped to keep my heart rate lower while running.  Wellllllll, my Garmin wasn't working so the experiment was a fail.  Maybe tomorrow. 

I made the pumpkin cheesecake recipe I posted recently.  Good, but not amazing.

3 Comments:

At November 14, 2012 at 4:25 PM , Blogger TakeMeThereTotes said...

I bought the stuff to make it....humm I may save it now for something else. Never have been a fan of pumpkin cheesecake at the Factory.

 
At November 28, 2012 at 8:13 AM , Blogger Courtney said...

You could wear your TOMs with the skinny jeans. I think ballet flats, toms, or even heels can be worn with skinny jeans, but if you were heels you have to wear leg warmers too! Ha, jk!

 
At November 28, 2012 at 9:21 AM , Blogger Janet said...

Leg warmers. Snicker. Only if they were neon, then I would rock it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home