Thursday, October 11, 2012

Earl Grey Tea Latte - Almost As Good As Starbucks

I love earl grey tea...usually decaf style.  I am really lame and caffeine affects me big time.  Side note....I am halfway through the book Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking.  This book mentions that many introverts have problems with caffeine.  Something about being sensitive and the body over responding to stimulation.  I thought that was interesting.  Another side note, the Gu Roctane's that I would take while running longer distances back in the pre baby days are like my version of legal performance enhancing drugs.  Those things wooorkkkk for meeee.  Last side note...I would probably keel over and die if I took one of those 5 hour energy things. 

Back on topic.  Starbucks has an excellent Earl Grey Tea Latte that I have done my best to copy at home by surfing the interwebs and trial and erroring.  I shall share with you now.

1. Go to Target and buy the Tazo Earl Grey tea and the Archer Farms Vanilla Coffee Syrup with real sugar.
2. Return home and get your tea pot going. Also, find a mug that can hold around 12 oz of liquid. 
3. Steep 1 to 2 bags of Tazo Early Grey tea in about 8 oz of water in your mug. It needs to be strong.
4. While tea is steeping, find a microwave safe container with a lid, and pour 4 oz of milk into it.  Shake the milk by hand for around 30 seconds to make it all foamy.  Zap it in the microwave for 45 seconds.
5. Pour the milk into the tea.  Add 1 to 2 Tbs Vanilla coffee syrup.  Sprinkle with cinnamon.

Yes, Hunter has one of those fancy coffee machines but I never learned how to steam or froth milk in it because I never got into coffee.  That machine probably also wakes up sleeping children.  Perhaps I will learn this weekend. 


Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home