Monday, October 1, 2012

New Shopping Plan

Since my favorite hobby / outing / escape is a trip to the grocery store, and I am there 1 to 4 times a week, I have decided to do more price comparisons.

Publix has a great selection, but the prices do seem high.  You pay for the quality and the nice shiny store of course.  Walmart has a decent selection, but is not my favorite place to shop.  That leaves Target.  Target meat prices are a good bit lower than Publix....at least for this week and at least for flank steak, skirt steak, and chicken breast.  I assumed that Target groceries would be a good bit more expensive than Walmart.  Not true...again, at least for this week for a few staple items.The bread I usually buy is 10 cents cheaper at Target.  The milk is 1 cent cheaper at Walmart.  I will continue to compare for a while, but I think this means I shop at Target for now.

Several of the mamas in my mama's clubs have mentioned the Target REDcard.  Usually, I am not a big fan of the store cards, but I finally decided to sign up for this one. 

With the Target REDcard, you get 5% off of your purchase and it is applied before the bill hits your card.  You see it on your receipt.  You also get free shipping on Target's website.  You can choose either the debit card or the credit card option.  This beats the Discover cash back bonus specials.

Target, me and you will be besties for now.  Don't ruin this relationship for us.  :)


Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At October 2, 2012 at 5:47 AM , Blogger Courtney said...

Shut the front door! You get 5% off on all purchases everytime you shop with your red card???? I've had one for years and never used it! I might have to dust it off.

 
At October 2, 2012 at 7:39 AM , Blogger TakeMeThereTotes said...

Didn't know this about the REDcard. Thanks for sharing.

 
At October 5, 2012 at 7:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Target is the best! Welcome!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home