Wednesday, October 3, 2012

My Sweet Little Toddler

Sweet: Wyatt brings me books all day and insists that he sit in my lap with as much of him touching me as possible while we read it.
Not So Much: Reading a 1988 "Mommy and Me" book 17 times in one day. At least I can laugh at their crazy outfits.
Real page from the book


Sweet: Wyatt will eat a whole banana, link of sausage, peach, or serving of rice and beans.
Not So Much: He will refuse to eat that item ever again.  Picky, picky. I don't enjoy the game of what will Wyatt eat for this meal.  Items he will never turn down...pickles, olives, blueberries. I wish I was joking.

Sweet: Wyatt feeds me crackers.
Not So Much: Wyatt feeds me crackers that have been slobbered upon, smashed into his grubby paws, and he won't even let me chew in between.  MUST... KEEP... ACCEPTING....CRACKERS! I just eat them to avoid the wailing. 


We are communicating more and that is a big step.  He points to the fridge occasionally when he wants a drink. "That that that" or "ungh" means I want whatever I am standing next to.  Sometimes "ungh" means my toy is stuck in the sub woofer opening.  Sometimes "ungh" means I can't get my block out of the raisin bran box.




This week feels long to me.  Maybe its all the rain.  Twice now I have loaded up the dipe bag to go out for a walk or to the park and had my dreams shattered by the rain.  I don't know what my deal is.  I am an introvert.  I should be happy to sit in my house with a mostly happy kid all day.  Apparently, I need to be around people more than I thought.  I just don't need to talk to them.  Maybe only see them out doing things..from afar.  Kidding...mostly!  Is it Saturday yet?

Labels:

2 Comments:

At October 3, 2012 at 7:31 AM , Blogger TakeMeThereTotes said...

I just love this post....from a fellow introvert. You have described it perfectly. I wondered why I am so fulfilled by a trip to Walmart. HA!

 
At October 5, 2012 at 7:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sweet! Great post! We should've gotten together more! Next week! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home