Friday, June 8, 2012

Lazy Smoothies

I am still on my smoothie kick.  I am also spending all week thinking about how much less time I will have since my job title will be changing from SAHM (stay at home mom) to WFHM (work from home mom).  20 hours a week is going to be a serious adjustment! Still, I look forward to it. 

Here is my lazy smoothie tip for you.  After you make dinner, and after you do the dishes, and while you still have all of your cutting boards and knives handy, and while you have energy, make your smoothie.  Make a bunch of smoothies.  All of the recipes you want to try.  This helps to use up your produce that might be going bad soon.  After you make each batch, pour the smoothie into a freezer bag and throw it in the freezer.  The night before you will want a breakfast smoothie, throw the bag into the fridge and it will be mostly thawed in the morning.  Depending on how thick the smoothie is, you may have to do some good stirring or you may have to zap it in the microwave for 15 seconds.  Taa daaa!  Lazy smoothie.

So far my favorite smoothies are the green ones.  Spinach, apples, pears, pineapples, mangoes and either orange juice or yogurt.  Good stuff!  I am not ready to buy a Ninja or a Vitamix or anything like that, but I am enjoying this brief obsession. 

One last tip that most people have probably already thought of.  I always throw the whole banana into the freezer when its not going to survive another day and I am not ready to eat it yet.  Then I have to go through all kinds of effort to use the banana (peel, mush, scrape, blah!).  Peel the banana, chop it into pieces, and then freeze it. Hooray! Much easier.

Happy Lazy Smoothie.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At June 8, 2012 at 11:10 PM , Blogger TakeMeThereTotes said...

Thanks to you I am getting on this smoothie kick. I had a spinach, cucumber and pineapple this week. Not too bad. Always peel the banana before freezing!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home