Friday, May 25, 2012

Post Workout Refresher

Now that I am running regularly again (at least for a month), I have to pull out all of my old tricks that I used at the gym to feel and look fresh without actually being fresh. Back when I worked at corporate 'merica, I would go to the gym during lunch frequently. If I didn't get too sweaty (yoga, weights, etc) I would skip on the shower so I could get back to working or lunch.  Whatever. 

Running outside in Florida is nothing at all like doing yoga or strength training in a nice air conditioned gym, but I don't always have the luxury of showering when I get back.  I feel like I should wait for nap time.  My other option is to let Wyatt play in the bathroom but judging by how many times I have to save his life just while I am brushing my teeth and washing my face this would not be enjoyable.  Wyatt, don't chew on the toilet scrubber.  Wyatt, we don't play with the cords. Wyatt, don't pull up on the toilet.  Fine, you can pull up on the toilet.  Just let me close the lid. 

So, to the point..here are some tips for how to feel fresher after a workout if you can't get to a shower right away.

  1. Wait about 15 minutes before you do any of the steps below because you need to stop sweating, otherwise everything is a waste of time.
  2. Spray your hair at the roots and base of the neck where you get all schweaty with dry shampoo.  I prefer TRESemme Fresh Start Volumizing Dry Shampoo.  Let it sit for a few minutes and then brush your hair out.  You will have fabulous volume now.  Repair it as needed.  If you don't have a blowdryer and curling iron to blast and reposition, then a new, fresh ponytail is your friend.  
  3. Wipe your face with one of those fabulous face wipes that smells good. I like Pond's Wet Cleansing Towelettes in Evening Soothe with Chamomile and White Tea or Yes to Blueberries.
  4. Wipe your whole body with one of those fabulous face wipes.  If you live in Florida, go ahead and use 2 or 3 wipes.
  5. Change your clothes if you can.
  6. Apply makeup if you aren't a stay at home mom.
  7. Apply fresh deodorant. 
  8. Mist new clothes and body with your favorite body splash

Eau de Run is gone de gone!  Happy working out or skipping showers. 

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home