Thursday, May 31, 2012

Why Instagram?

I am growing more and more addicted to Instagram.  For those who are not in the cool phone world, Instagram is an application for phones that applies filters to pictures you take on your phone to give them different looks and publishes them in a live feed format.  I like Instagram, not for the filters, but for the live feed.  Maybe I am tired of sharing with the masses on facebook and enjoy the smaller audience on Instagram.  I am not really sure why I enjoy it so much right now.

I also like Instagram for the ability to search by tags.  For example, you can view everyone's submissions for the Fat Mum Slim May photo a day challenge by searching for tag #photoadayMay.   

Think of Instagram as facebook status updates but with pictures and tags for searching.  I love to see other people's "day in the life of" photos.  You can follow businesses.  You can follow friends.  You can follow bloggers that don't know you exist. 

My Instagram name is funfiveminutesago if you would like to follow me.

Don't have a cool phone?  There is a website viewer called WebStagram that allows you to see Instagram feeds.  Check out the feed for my pictures here. You can also play with the hash tag searching.


Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At June 1, 2012 at 8:01 PM , Blogger jacque said...

You're so funny! This is why I'm now stalking you on Facebook and Instagram. :)

I'm trying to get more in the habit of Instagraming.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home